Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

May 18, 2022

Once upon a time, I was a Shinigami...


 Now that I've been unpacking and organizing some stuff at home, I've found some things that reminded me of fun times back in the day and I thought it'd be nice to find more and share them with you all. Specially while I wait for the new Bleach Arc. So yeah, today is going to be a story time kind of post. So grab a snack and your sake of choice cuz, I feel like this is going to be a long read.

 I'm sure not all of you knew this but yeah, a loooong time ago, (don't remember exactly how long tho) I was a Shinigami~ Well, more like a role player. Haha.

If you're not familiar with what role playing is, it's basically creating an account as a character you like and interact with other rpers as if you were them. I guess people role played on different social media ( I noticed it was popular on Tumblr too) but I chose twitter. I know it's sounds kinda weird but back then, it was a lot of fun. I don't even know how I did it but, I used to stay up until 3am just role playing~! Guess I had a lot of free time... :')

As time went by I created many accounts, some of them might still be out there in the longest hiatus ever! I can't even remember the user names or passwords now. But some of them were Misato from Evangelion, Komatsu Nana, Winry Rockbell from FMA and others. My first and most popular RP account was my Matsumoto Rangiku account. She was and still is my favorite Bleach character, we do have some things in common: we are lazy, love sake and hate paperwork. Hehe. I believe this was the account where I interacted the most and for the longest time due to how popular Bleach was. My boyfriend at that time had a Gin account and of course, we gave them a happy life together ♡. Gin and Ran even got married and had a baby. We named him Heiji. 

A Chappy style wedding pic made by my sister. I remember I chose Ran's wedding dress online, and I think it was similar to the one in the drawing~

Since Heiji wasn't an official character, my sister designed and draw him. she made this digital illustration that I had to print. It was too cute! 

There were so many Bleach accounts so it was easy to talk to other characters from the anime but, Ran also had followers from other shows which helped me meet a lot of people from different parts of the world. I met some weird characters, not so nice ones and others I got to know more out of their character. Some people will always have a special place in my heart and memories but, there are others I'm still friends with now. Not just rpers tho, other people that weren't exactly rping but met me through the character too. 

I don't remember my first user name, I do know I changed it Rangiku10thSquad after a few years. I could be wrong tho~ But, I used to put a lot of effort on that accout, it's crazy! Not only tweets wise, I also tried to post pictures constantly and even took my own Rangiku pics to share there. It was like living in my own happy place or a full time job. A fun one... 

I completely forgot about this pic! And I used to think it was pretty cool. Hehe. It was to thank my followers when Ran reached over 200.

I think it was around that time when I also did a veeeery improvised Rangiku cosplay. I probably used some of those pics on the account as well. *sighs* Sometimes I miss the good old days~ And now that I think about it, I'd love to dress up as Ran again one day. I'd probably change a lot of things.

LOL for some reason, I had the same expression in most of my solo pics~ I guess the cosplay is not too bad but, it needs big improvement. My hair was so short for Rangiku and Idk why it looks so red.

As life got busier for everyone, I spent less and less time there and eventually just stopped. It took me a long time to actually delete the account tho, mostly because of all the memories and people behind it (add to that how difficult it was for me to let go of things). It felt like closing a chapter in my life.

Somehow I feel Rangiku (and Gin!) will always be a BIG part of my life and a special character for me, hehe. And well, to finish this post, I'm gonna share with you some of the pics and thingies I found from my RP days~ Enjoy!! 😘 

Aww, this was the first sake I bought. Not my first time trying it tho. I already had the 10th squad tea cup. That bottle is so small!!!! I'm not sure if I used a phone to take this pic but, it is not that great.

OMG I found a bunch of "scrapbook" pics I used to make (I completely forgot!). Some time after cosplaying as Ran, I got my own Haineko. I still have her.

I used to love this tee. I think I still have it somewhere, but the print on the back started to peel off(?) the t-shirt so I just wore it to be around the house.

I still love these next pics with Hitsugaya Taichou, hehehe ♡





That face again!! 😂

I believe this was one of my profile pics. I took it in the bathroom 😅

I even got a 10th squad birthday cake at some point! Which, of course, was shared on my twitter account.

The daffodil is the 10th division emblem, that's why my cake hat it.

This poor thing is kinda dirty but, it is my wooden LT badge thingy! It was made for my  Rangiku cosplay and surprisingly, it wasn't heavy to carry around. Guess I'll find it a place to display at home now.

Of course, there's no Rangiku without persimmons. I didn't try them until years later but, it made me feel like my Rangiku was complete. Hehehe

And that was a walk down memory lane... I think I might have more things and pics that I couldn't find for this post but, it was defo nostalgic in a way. 
Let me know if you like this kind of posts and if you'd like to read more stuff like this. There are many more obsessions I had years ago that I could share with y'all.

Big 😘, Lt. Matsumoto.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com