Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Apr 17, 2024

What I've been watching lately 2024 #1

I'm back with another show recommendation post. As usual, you'll find mostly anime, Japanese & Korean shows. I'm trying to accumulate a good amount of non-asian shows or movies to make another post. 

So, in no particular order, let's start!

ANIME

☆ A sign of affection


This one was a recommendation from the bestie and it was defo worth watching. It's the story of Yuki Itose, a deaf college student. She randomly meets Itsuomi Nagi and they start a very cute relationship. They are very different and want to learn more about each other's world. 
The anime has 12 episodes and it's just... beautiful! Plus, all the characters have good fashion and hairstyles, hehe. It is pretty recent and I really hope they release a second season cuz, there are still so many things I'd like to see!!

☆ From up on Poppy Hill


This movie is set in 1963 Yokohama, Japan and I just loooove movies that show old Japan. The story is about Umi Matsuzaki, a 16-year-old girl, whose life changes after meeting Shun. Together they work hard to save their school's club, located in a very old house. 
At first I thought I was not going to be that interested in the movie but, as I continued watching, the story caught my attention. In a way, it is a bit of a love sotry with some emotional moments as well as funny ones.

DRAMAS & SHOWS

Fishbowl Wives


I was not expecting to finish watching this show but, I did and, I actually liked it. Fishbowl wives follows the story of Hiraga Sakura and the stories of six different women in unhappy marriages, they all live in the same fancy building. In a way, some of this stories connect at some point. This show has a lot of drama, nudity and a cute yet sad love story between Sakura and Haruto. 
It's a good show.

☆ My husband won't fit


After watching Fishbowl Wives, Netflix recommended this one. For some reason, I thought it was going to be a funny show  but, it really wasn't. Kumiko and Kenichi meet in college, they fall in love and even get married. They seem to have a happy marriage but, they have a small problem, as the title says, he won't fit. This brings some drama to the story and makes the couple face some problems. I wouldn't say this is one of my favorite shows ever but, it's a good one.

☆ House of Ninjas


House of Ninjas is about a retired Ninja family, trying to live a normal life but, eventually, they'll be "forced" to return to some missions. Very bad summary, I know, hehe. I do have to say it is a good show, I binge watched in one weekend (it's only 8 episodes long). Even tho it is an action show, it also has some drama and even a little comedy. I really enjoyed it. Really looking forward to a second season.

☆ An incurable case of love


I only watched this drama because of Take-chan, I love him way too much and I'd watch anything he does but, this one wasn't my favorite. Not that I didn't like it, I just didn't love it. It's a romantic comedy in which Sakura, a young girl, falls in love with a doctor after seeing him saving a life on the street. She decides to become a nurse in order to meet him again. When they finally start working together, she realizes he is not what she expected. In the end, the end up falling in love but you know, she has to face a lot before getting there.
The story kinda reminded me of Playful Kiss (one of my all-time favs) a little, especially because of the super cold, perfectionist male and the clumsy but sweet and caring female characters. It is the classic romantic comedy.
I did love to see Take-chan playing this cold, serious type of guy. I have a thing for this personality, hehehe.

☆ Morimoto's sushi master


This might be a little random but, we have a cooking competition! I do enjoy them but rarely follow them til the end. But, for some reason, I binge watched this one. This one was, as the name says, a sushi competition. Most of the food looked SO GOOD it made me hungry everytime I watched. 

And, that is it for this recommendations post. As usual, let me know if you have watched some of these or, if you'd like to. Also, feel free to send me some recommendations too!

See you next time~! ♡

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com