Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jan 1, 2018

Life Update November - December 2017: Goodbye to another year, 2017 and my first month in Spain.



Just when I thought I was saved from getting sick... I got a cold! But, it means I can get to sit and write a little~

Hi everyone! This is the last life update of the year, time flies when you're having fun.
I kinda feel this is going to be one long blog so, I hope you don't get bored and read til the end...hehe.

Let's start with this how 2017 was for me in general, I usually say every year comes with many changes some good ones and others that were not so great. But I have to say most of them were good changes this 2017. (Finally!)
I became an auntie twice (Luca was born on Dec. 05th and I still have to meet him), and that made me really, really happy, My last school year was one of my best ones (as in me as a teacher), I made this huge decision of leaving my job to start somewhere else, pushed myself to do things I don't regularly do such as going out with people I just met or making small trips on my own. And I'm not saying I'm completely done with my personal changes but I think I'm getting to a point where I'm more comfortable with myself, I enjoy my alone time and don't feel /that/ anxious about things anymore. I'm kinda slowly letting go of the things that hurt or stress me.
Also, this year I met some nice people, made new friends and saw my cousins a lot more than other years. That is a big yay considering we used to spend years without seeing each other.
I also noticed that I usually surround myself by very talented people, and even tho I'm not as talented, I just feel so inspired by them and what they do. I love how my friends always make me feel motivated to cook, or write or vlog and just enjoy what I like to do, share common interests and have fun with that.
But, as some people came into my life, some people had to leave as well. I think it just happens, some people just have to leave for whatever reason as hard as it can be.

I also feel like I'm a little more confident now. Maybe it doesn't look like it but I can be a little shy and insecure and I feel like this year I kinda started pushing myself not to be that insecure... maybe?
Just taking baby steps.

This year I also decided to start vlogging again, after months or maybe a year of not doing it, and honestly, it is something I really enjoy and I see it as a good way to save some memories for the future. Idk. If you wanna check out my vlog channel click here -> MonStar's Little Vlog. I have a Spain Adventures playlist and, I've been uploading a lot lately.

Moving on, I think you guys pretty much know I'm in Spain by now. I arrived in November 22nd. It has to be my biggest adventure this year, and not only because I'm exploring a new place but also because I took the longest flight of my life so far, on my own and...I survived! (despite my stress and a horrible migraine)

A month has gone by so fast and I've been really enjoying my time here. I'm currently staying in La Pobla de Vallbona, a small town not too far from Valencia. I really like it here and how everyone pretty much knows each other but it can be too quiet, especially on the weekends. It didn't take that much time for me to adjust to the time difference, I think I had a harder time trying to work on my eating hours. I felt like I was eating when I was not really hungry and of course, I've been eating a lot more than I usually do but we've been very active most of the time so I think it's not that bad~ right?... RIGHT!?
Taking this trip was definitely something I needed and not only because I haven't had a trip in like forever, but also because I needed some time away from home, my routine and...Idk, just clear my mind.
I've been to so many different places, some of them look like towns you would imagine in a fairytale, castles, medieval places and also, the coldest weather I've experienced so far. (or was that in Canada maybe?)
My adoptive family here has been the sweetest from day 1, I can truly say I adore them and it's also really nice to share all this with my mom. Shopping has been fun, lots of sightseeing and yummy food. One thing I still wonder is, why is the coffee so small here? I just can't! LOL.
And I also find funny and a little annoying how almost everything is closed from 2pm until 5pm so, if you wanna buy or do something during those hours besides eating or walking around, you won't find anything open. (Unless you're in a mall). I'm so used to find everything open all the time so, it drives me crazy. Oh! And supermarkets close on Sundays so, if you forgot to go grocery shopping, wait until Monday. :p
But other than that, it's easy to get used to live here... to the point where I can honestly say, I don't want to leave. I mean, I do miss my friends a lot (I'm so lonely without you guys here!), my family and of course, my fur babies but, I'm so happy here! As happy as I was a few years ago so, I really think this trip is doing many good things. ;) I still have another month left here so I'll enjoy it as much as I can.

And well with that quick update (I'm trying to keep it short) I'm saying goodbye to 2017, not super glad that you're over but I'm really looking forward to see what 2018 brings. I'm ending the year and starting the new one in Spain and I want to be more open to possibilities and hopefully, make the new year to come, a better one. Wish you all a very happy 2018, full of surprises, love, health and happiness!


What are your plans for the next year? Any resolutions? Let me know!



See you all in 2018!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com