Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

May 30, 2020

What I've been watching lately 2020: Lockdown edition



Hello sweets!
Since some of us are still on lockwdown and I haven't been able to share "monthly favorties" because I haven't tried new things lately, I thought this kind of post would be appropriate to say goodbye to May.
Shows reccomendations! You know what to expect: Kdrama and anime. No horror or true crime this time tho.
I'm still not done with some of these shows but I've been enjoying them a lot, that's why I wanted to incude them here.

As usual, most of my plots and descriptios come from other sites such s Netflix and wikipedia.

I'm going to start with Anime because we only have one on the list:

☆ Gal to Kyouryuu (Gal and Dino):



"One day, Kaede, a gyaru, picks up a dinosaur and begins living with it. The short comedy depicts their daily lives together as the dinosaur consumes human food, watches TV, and enjoys fashionable things. Thus begins the story of a gal and a dinosaur cohabiting that transcends time."
(Source: MAL News)


This one was a recommendation from the bestie. It is a super short ongoing anime with only 12 episodes. I'm on episode 7.  It shows the life of Kaede, a gyaru girl, and her new roommate, Dino. The style of this show reminds me of Pop team epic because of all the styles combined on each episode. Some people might find it weird but I really, really liked it. Hopefully they'll come up with new episodes soon.



Moving on to Kdrama, I've watched some of them with my mom. She's now into kdrama too. Hehe.

 All about my mom:


"Jin-ae (Eugene) works hard to make money only to end up spending it on her family, and her mother San-ok shows so much affection towards her first son only. Jin-ae then meets Kang Hoon-jae (Lee Sang-Woo), who coincidentally is the son of her boss who she admires, and marries him. While experiencing difficult times with her mother-in-law, Jin-ae begins to understand her own mother for the first time." (Source: Wikipedia)

You've read about this drama before. This is one of the longest dramas we've watched so far with 54 episodes. I was mostly excited to watch it because of Jo Bo Ah but we ended up loving most of the other characters too.


This drama is an emotional roller coaster with some comedy too. It made me want to cry a couple of times.


And after All about my mom we wanted to find another drama that would catch us as much so we started...

 Love and marriage:



"Cha Gi-young is a popular news anchorwoman who has a rivalry with Jo Eun-cha, an anchor at a competing station. After a tryst with a colleague, she falls pregnant and decides to raise the child as a single mother."



Even tho this one is not one of my all time favorite dramas, it was good and slightly different from what I usually choose. You can find it on Netflix.



This next 2 dramas are the ones I'm still currently watching:

☆ Fix you:



"Soul Mechanic" follows psychiatrists as they try to cure people of their emotional wounds.
Lee Shi-Joon (Shin Ha-Kyun) is a psychiatrist at a hospital. He is passionate about his work and helping his patients. Han Woo-Joo (Jung So-Min) is a rising star as a musical actress. She is honest and has integrity. She loves her work as a musical actress."



This drama, aka Soul mechanic, is still ongoing and of course, I'm watching it because of Jung So Min but I'm really liking it. I like how versatile she is playing completely different charaters on each drama she's in.


 Crashlandig on you:


"Crash Landing on You tells the story of two star crossed lovers, Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye-jin), a South Korean heiress, and Ri Jeong-hyeok (Hyun Bin), a member of the North Korean elite and a Captain in the North Korean Special Police Force. One day while Yoon Se-ri goes for a short paragliding ride in Seoul, South Korea, a sudden tornado knocks her out and blows her off course. She awakens to find her paraglider had crashed into a tree in a forest in the DMZ in North Korea (an area forbidden for South Koreans). She then meets Ri Jeong-hyeok and falls into his arms when descending from the tree. Ri Jeong-hyeok eventually gives Yoon Se-ri shelter, and develops plans to secretly help her return to South Korea. Over time, they fall in love, despite the divide and dispute between their respective countries." 


This drama has 16 episodes and aired earlier this year. I didn't think I'd love it this much but it has two things I love: Korean men + military. Jeong-Hyeok's relationship with Se-Ri kinda reminds me of Sousuke and Kaname (full metal panic) in an adult, korean version. I just love Jeong-Hyeok.


Next are non-asian shows. Hehe.

 Sweet Magnolias:


"Lifelong friends lift each other up as they juggle relationships, family and careers in the small Southern town of Serenity."



I rarely watch American shows lately. My mom suggested this one and we ended up loving it! It just recently premiered on May 19th and we already finished season 1. At first I thought it'd be the "typical" love story but, it is much more than that! It's the story of 3 life long best friends and their lives, families, struggles and how they face all that together. There's drama, comedy and some romance. But it's defo worth watching.
Can't wait for season 2.


And there you have some of the shows I've been watching this quarantine. Feel free t give me some show suggestions too and let me know if you end up watching some of these.
xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com