Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jul 27, 2020

💋 Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink | Review & Swatches |



You might recognize these babies from my latest drugstore haul, they are the Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink.

This lippies are described as: "Intensely perfect, perfectly intense. Ink your lips in up to 16 HR saturated liquid matte."


It's usually hard for me to use matte liquid lippies because they always accentuate my lip lines and how chapped they are but what I noticed with these ones is that it doesn't happen. Even tho they have a matte finish, they also have a thick creamy formula that makes my lips look smooth. It is a bit sticky at the beginning, but that fades once the product dries on the lips.

They are very pigmented, there's no need to apply many layers to get the desired color. I also find the application to be easier than other liquid lipsticks. It might be because of the shape of the applicator.


It is true when they say it lasts for 16 hours, even if you eat and drink. The only part that kinda wears off a little as you eat is the inner part of the lips, but you don't need to retouch every couple of hours. Also, they are transfer proof once they set on the lips.
I'd defo go for one of these if I know I'll be busy all day with no time to worry about my makeup. Perfect for work and events.

They do have a sweet scent, kinda like vanilla or... cookies! Haha. It's not something that bothers me but, gotta keep that in mind if you don't like scented products.


Something I noticed is that the formula looks ugly if you apply lipbalm before the product, it kinda breaks and becomes rubbery. I usually do this with other lipsticks but it doesn't work well with these particular ones.

After all that, let's check the 2 shades I got:

The first one is #10 "Dreamer", which is a really pretty cold pink. I love how it looks on the package and I really like the color. I just don't know if I like how it looks on my lips. It's paler than what I usually wear.





The other is #125 "Inspirer", this is a soft, medium pink. Kinda like a... strawberry pink! I love everything about this color. I think it's perfect for an everyday look.




       
I only bought those two because I wanted to try them first. I think they are worth it tho. And they have a really nice variety of colors. I would defo get more and maybe try other shades rather than just pink.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com