Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

May 16, 2021

✏ Teacher Chit Chat #8: My COVID19 Vaccine Story

Not my most glam pic ever but, yeah.

 One of the things most of us have been waiting for this year is the COVID19 vaccine. I know this process has been different depending on the country but over here, they seem to be taking baby steps. Not complaining tho, it's better than doing nothing.  

Last weekend they announced that the vaccination for teachers would start this week and that we all had to register online to get the vaccine. Of course everyone wanted to register and the system wasn't exactly the best one, it was impossible for most of us. 

I do consider myself lucky because my school gave us big support and did their best to get us the vaccine and even tho we had to wait in line for hours, on May 13th, I officially got my vaccine.

Finally getting close!

It it the first time I feel happy, excited and thankful to get a vaccine, ever. It's a big relief. I know how privileged I am and how much we exposed ourselves leaving the house for work for so long. 

The vaccine we got was the Chinese CanSino one, which didn't make me too happy at the beginning because, from what I've read, only has like a 65% rate preventing COVID. They wanted to apply that one because it is only 1 single shot. In the end, it's better than not getting anything at all.

After getting the vaccine, I didn't really feel bad, just weird and with a slight headache. I don't usually get weird reactions with vaccines so I thought it'd be the same with this one. Oh dear, was I wrong...

My headache never went away and around 12:00am I woke up shivering like crazy, I got the worst fever ever and my whole body and skin were aching. I felt like that the whole night so, obviously, I couldn't sleep. Luckily, I didn't have classes the next day so I could recover. I was still feeling really, really bad, and I didn't feel like eating anything. I spent the whole day in bed napping, but I don't think I've felt that bad in a while. A long while.

Funny thing was, I was back to nomal on the next day. No more pain (other than my arm, which is still very sore as I'm typing this) and no more fever.

I know this won't be the same experience for everyone, most of my coworkers didn't have such a hard time with the side effects. But, other than that, I'm very lucky and thankful to say I'm already vaccinated.

So, what's next? I'm not quite sure, all I know is I'll still be very careful and continue with the whole social distance thing, the mask and all that stuff we're so used to now. 

Can't wait for other people I love to get the vaccine too so I can finally give them a big hug.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com