Not all of them are scary but, they are very entertaining to watch. So, let's start!
Tales of Terror from Tokyo and All Over Japan Anthologies
"An anthology series based on stories collected throughout Japan, mainly by writers Hirokatsu Kihara and Ichiro Nakayama. This series led to the film, Tales of Terror from Tokyo and All Over Japan: The Movie (2004)."
The series is from 2003 - 2005 and they are basically 3 volumes of compilations of Japanese urband legends and horror stories. Each volume has many different short stories so it's doesn't feel slow. If you don't really love one, you move on to the next one in only a couple of minutes.
I love Japanese urband legends and I remember watching some of them years ago. Even if half of the stories in each volume were good and half of them not-so-good, I really enjoyed them all. Keep in mind the effects aren't the best considering it's an older show.
More than scary, these were fun to watch, perfect if you're looking for something that's not scary but, still weird or horror related.
You can find them all in YouTube.
And well, as the synopsis said, this show led to the movie~
Tales of Terror from Tokyo and All Over Japan The Movie
"8 short stories comprise this anthology movie, based on the Tales of Terror TV series."
Same concept as the show, this movie from 2004 shares 8 short horror stories, completely different from the show. Pretty entertaining, I liked it.
This one is also on Youtube.
Stigmatized Properties: Possession
"Unable to give up on his dream of becoming a star, Yahiro Kuwata moves from Fukuoka to Tokyo and unexpectedly begins work as a Haunted Property Talent. Chasing content, he moves through cursed rooms, eerie inns, and ghost filled share houses."
Gomennasai
"A student and her friends try to figure out how to avoid a curse that a creepy classmate wrote within the lines of an original play."
Also known as "Ring of Curse", this is a Japanese movie from 2011. I randomly found it on YouTube and, honestly, at first I thought it was going to be a little silly but, the whole idea of it was pretty good.3 Doors Of Horrors
"An anthology of different horror films from the region of South East Asia."









.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment