Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

May 15, 2018

✏ Teacher chit chat #2: Teacher Tag! | 20 Questions |



It's teachers day and instead of going for a teacher's day pressies post I decided to go for a Teacher tag! I really enjoy doing these and it'll help you to get to know more about that side of me and my job.
Here we go!

1. What do you teach? 
English.

2. How long have you been teaching? 
For about 7 years now. (Time flies!)

3. Did you always know you wanted to be a teacher? 
Nope, it's funny because I used to hate the idea of becoming a teacher, it was never on my plans but, it was my first official job and I loved it.

4. What is your typical #teacherootd?
I don't think I have a typical one but something I do try to go for, are comfortable shoes. Flats mostly.

5. What do you usually bring for lunch?
It depends. Like, right now I don't really stay at school for too long so I don't bring lunch with me. On those days when I have an earlier start I bring some coffee with me. (And I always have sweets in my bag so, yeah)

6. What is one of your favorite teacher movies?
Mmm... I've seen teacher movies but I don't think they are exactly the most inspirational ones out there. One of my faves is "Innocent thing" (I wonder if it can be considered a teacher movie tho...)

7. Who was your favorite teacher?
My french teacher when I was studying Fashion Design. She was the sweetest!

8. Who are some of your favorite teacher YouTubers/instagrammers/snapchatters, etc?
To be honest, I don't follow many teacher accounts in there so, I'd say Meejmuse (who is a former teacher) and my teacher friends Tomi and Lu (both have a YT channel, IG and blogs so, it counts!)
If you have any suggestion for me to follow, let me know!

9. What is one of your best classroom management tips?
I'd say always keep the students active, and try to work different activities so that children won't lose interest

10. What is one reason you decided to become a teacher?
I realized I really enjoyed doing it after my first year. I was taking it as a temporary job while deciding what I really wanted to do and... surprisingly, I loved it.

11.What grades have you taught?
1°, 2° and 3° of preschool and I'm currently working with 1° and 2° of elementary school.

12.What grade do you teach?
1° and 2° of elementary school ↑↑

13.How many students are in your class?
15 in 1° and 9 in 2° at the moment

14.What's your ideal class size?
I've had groups with more than 20 kids so I'd say 15 is a decent/ideal size

15.What's your favourite drink from Starbucks?
This is random but, Cranberry white mocha. Pumpkin Spice and Green tea latte

16.What's your favourite online resource?
I used to check Teachers Pay Teachers a lot but I don't have a favorite resourse, I try different sites.

17.Describe your perfect classroom.
I don't have an ideal classroom...that'll change when I get my own

18.Whats your favourite part about teaching? 
Sharing with my students my love for a language, knowing that I can do something positive for the kids I work with and the fact that I'm not only teaching, I'm also learning.

19.What's your least favourite part about teaching?
All the side work it comes with... paperwork, planning, extra hours, exams, all that not-so-fun stuff

20.What advice would you give a beginning teacher or someone who wants to become a teacher?
If you want to teach, you have to do it because you feel passionate about it, it's not an easy job, it can be stressful but, it's very rewarding. Knowing you have such impact on your students makes it all worth it.

Fellow teacher-bloggers out there, feel free to answer these questions too, I'd love to read your answers! And, Happy Teachers day!


2 comments:

  1. Awww, your my fav too. I think that when you accidentally become a teacher your experience turns into an adventure ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! It is true, it's an adventure. A new adventure every school year. ^^

      Delete

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com