Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jun 26, 2020

✏ Teacher chit chat #6: Teaching online



Being totally honest with you guys, I didn't think this situation could last this long but, I've been working from home for 3 months now and I'm not gonna lie, it's being hard.

As much as I enjoy doing what I do, teaching through online platforms has been a challenging experience, first of all, because it is not for everyone. And I don't mean people can't learn online but not everyone has access to online resourses and that is something we didn't take in consideration when we had to plan a new way to teach our students. It is true this whole situation brought out our most creative side, trying to find ways for our students to learn without becoming something flat and boring but all that effort couldn't reach all our the students for many different and personal situations.

Still, we are doing our best.

I don't think of myself as a super creative person, especially when I'm out of my comfort zone. When this thing started I strongly refused to teach stuff through videos and I hated the idea of doing online classes because I thought it'd be awkward, and yeah, it was awkward at the beginning but I ended up enjoying it because it was the only way to keep in touch with my students. Plus, there are so many online tools and resourses you can use to teach now, it's amazing! In the end I've learned a lot and also stepped out of my comfy zone.

It's funny how some people think I have more free time now that I work from home because, it is a lot more work! Especially paperwork. It's not like we didn't plan our lessons before but the amount of work increased. My coworkers agree with me.

The goverment took the decision to end the school year on June 05th. Not every school ended classes that day but our school decided to do it. It was super sudden and we had to rush everything. Sadly, we didn't have a closure ceremony or graduation celebrations. It was sad to say goodbye through a computer, knowing it could be the last time we meet some of our students. We shared happy memories and a couple of tears on our last day~ It couldn't be helped. I hope I get to see my graduates again to give them a big hug.

This pandemic doesn't seem to be getting any better here where I live, it's worrisome to see how some people don't take it seriously.
Working from home could go on for months and months and even tho my adult students seem to be coping with it just fine, I don't think it'll be the same case for children.

It's uncertain what will happen, I'm really keeping my fingers crossed, hoping we will be able to go back when it's planned.
Of course it won't be the same, and of course we will have to continue finding new ways to work but, I've realized that is just part of life, we need to adapt to whatever comes our way~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com