Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jun 14, 2021

Learning Japanese!


Most people know how much I love Japan, and it is not new, I've loved it since I was a girl. It started because of anime (Sailor Moon, of course) but, it only grew as I got older. 
I always wanted to learn Japanese but for whatever reason I didn't have the chance until now. Anime helped me to learn a few words and get used to the sound of them so yeah, anime can teach you something! Haha. 
Two months ago some of my closest friends and I started taking Japanese classes. My friend Diana was the one who told us about it and we thought it'd be fun to do it together. It's as if we were back to school, but together this time. Can't believe we finished the basic course. As I'm typing these, we're about to start with the regular course in a few hours. So excited!! 🎉
And I think it is somewhat like it was back when I was a student. I am terrible with homework and I'm always behind somehow, the only difference is, I do like it this time.

I have to say that the fact that I am learning a new language as a language teacher myself makes it a lot easier for me to understand how the grammar works. And surpisingly, it's easier than I thought. Same goes to vocabulary. From important phrases and numbers to random words, I feel like we've learned a lot in a short period of time. 

What has been giving me a hard time is the writing and reading!!! OMG I'm so behind on that. I can remember a few syllables but, not enough to read in a decent way. I literally feel like a preschooler when I try to do it. Hehe.

And it's funny because even tho I always encourage my students to use a second language as much as they can and feel confident when reading or speaking, it is hard to do it myself! I understand how they feel now!! Add to that I don't have someone to constantly practice with.

I'm happy I went for it because it is something I'm doing for me to spend some time doing and learning something I really like and wanted for a long, long time. The teacher makes the classes fun and uses lots of Naruto references, which I love! 

I don't really know how good I'll become but I know I'm enjoying the process, especially because I get to share the experience with people I love. At least I can give a little self introduction now, hehe.


If there's any tip you'd like to share with me to practice or improve my skills, feel free to tell me! It's all more than welcome!

さようăȘら。

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com