Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jun 11, 2021

☾ Sailor Moon Eternal The Movie



June 03rd was not only my birthday, it was also Sailor Moon Eternal Day. Netflix premiered the 2 movies and I couldn't be more excited about it. I just loved the fact that they chose the same date as my birthday to do it. Such a cool coincidence, right?

My Sailor Moon cake was perfect to celebrate Sailor Moon Eternal Day!


I didn't watch the movies until the weekend but yeah, now I am obsessed (again). And even tho they were not my ultimate favorite Sailor Moon movies, I really enjoyed them a lot.

I've watched the original 90's series SO many times I can't even count but I only watched a couple of episodes of Sailor Moon Crystal (I still need to finish it) and haven't read the manga because... I'm lazy. 😅 And from what I've seen and read, the story follows an Arc from the manga. Still, it's easy to follow the story and I was familiar with all the characters.
This is not going to be a review and I'm not ogoing to include a movie synopsis because I suck at it. I just want to share my excitement and random thoughts on the movies. It may be all over the place, sorry if there are some spoilers. 

I was absolutely happy to watch these movies, especially because some of  the original voices in the spanish dub were back. It was very nostalgic. But this time they used the original Japanese names and the "chan" and "san" which was a bit funny.

The landscapes and backgrounds in the movie are really beautiful and detailed and so are the transformation scenes! In a way I was expecting the characters to look exactly like they did in Sailor Moon Crystal, which wasn't exactly my favorite desing but they didn't. They were prettier. Still, in my personal opinion, I like the 90's designs a lot more. Mamo-chan is gorgeous tho. I defo miss all the funny faces and overreactions we had in the 90's.
I also liked the old moon kitties more... not saying they are not cute now tho.

Hello there, Mamo-chan!

The first part of the movie felt a little slow. It shows The Dead Moon Circus and Queen Nehelenia along with our lovely Inner Scouts and Helios.


In a way, it felt a bit more focused on Chibiusa being Chibiusa and Mamo-chan being sick (which the bestie described as him having COVID, lol) but, we also got to see more of each of the scouts, their dreams and fears. All of them were having trouble transforming and had to defeat the Amazon Trio to get their crystals back and be able to transform again.

I found it cool we get to meet Ami's parents (whom I don't remember seeing before), Phobos and Demos in human form and we see the strong bond between Mina and Artemis!!

This scene was just beautiful!

Something I found totally funny and weird, was Rei's grandpa. He was a completely different one from the 90's anime. He might look like that in the manga tho... idk.


And well, Mamo-chan has his usual attitude, keeping everything to himself and leaving Usagi out of it, in a way, it was sad to admit that he has always been a tiny little bit useless compared to Usagi. (he kept saying it throughout the movie).


As expected from Sailor Moon, we have a lot of friendship messages, action scenes and funny moments along with some romance. 



Chibiusa also got her romance with Helios.

At the end of the movie we have a Marvel moment and have a senak peek of what's coming in the next movie... that's my babes, the outer scouts.

The second movie was my favorite, it moved a little faster even tho it got a bit confusing at times. We finally saw the Outer Scouts! I love them way too much!


In this one we see the return of the Outer Scouts and what they have been doing since they separated from the inner scouts also a reunion between Chibiusa and Hotaru. 

Their transformations and attacks are really cool as expected. I missed their original transformation song.


THESE TWO THO! I was fangirling as soon as I saw them!! ♡

This movie was a bit darker and Mamo-chan finally found his purpose and power, which made him less useless and showed a lot more of his connection with Usagi. ♡
We also see the Amazoness Quartet in action and past scenes of Nehelenia and Queen Serenity. In the end, the power of love beats everything.

In a way, it was like watching a Sailor Moon S recap in two parts with less filler episodes (I love filler episodes tbh) and things I never saw before. 

I love how this show always talks about the importance of friendship, love and fighting for your dreams.

I might be biased but, all in all, I really liked and enjoyed the movies. Sailor Moon was (and still is) a big part of my childhood so, it's pretty cool to see they keep releasing new things related to this anime. And, who knows? Maybe now, that Netflix is involved, we can expect more SM content. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
For now, I want to watch the original Japanese version too.

And that's it for this random Sailor Moon chit chat. Let me know if you've seen the movies! I'd love to read your opinions and share the excitement with you.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com