Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jun 29, 2021

What I've been watching lately 2021


I'm back with more recommendations of shows to watch, hehe. I think last time I did was a year ago. Truth is, I barely have time to watch shows these days but I think I have a decent amount to share now.

As usual, there'll be a bit of everything, anime, true crime, asian shows and even some local stuff this time, which is a big change for me, hehe.

Let's start with some true crime~

 Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel 

I was very excited when Netflix announced this documentary, because I've always been interested in the Elisa Lam mystery. It is from the same creator of The Ted Bundy Tapes and it covers, not only the Elisa Lam case, but other mysteries from this famous hotel. It is 4 episodes long, it has interviews, real tapes and a bit of dramatization. It also reveals what really happened to Elisa. Defo worth watching, in my opinion.

 Run

Run is an American thriller about a sick teenager that has been isolated all her life and is finally seeking for freedom and suspects her mother is kinda holding her back. She will discover the horrible truth behind her condition as she starts investigating. (my synopsis was kinda decent this time! YAY)

This is actualy a pretty good movie that will trap you til the end. Kinda reminds me of the Gypsy Rose Blanchard case in a way. You can also watch this movie on Netflix.

 Oh! My Ladylord

This one is a romantic comedy starring Nana and Lee Min-Ki. It reminds me of "Because this is my first life" with Jung So Min and, Lee Min-Ki. He plays similar characters in both dramas. 

He is a cold writer who doesn't love, who ends up living with a bubbly actress who has a hard time falling in love. The story has cute, funny moments but also serious, dramatic situations. 

I really like both actors and the rest of the cast is pretty good too. As well as the supporting characters. It's hard not to feel caught up in the story. 

And... the fashion!!!

 Eden of the East


Eden of the East is an action - fiction anime I randomly found while looking for animated movies to watch. 
And it's an anime that I wouldn't really choose by myself but somehow it caught my eye after watching the trailer. 
At the beginning I thought the story was a bit complicated, it's about terrorism and some actual stuff. Kinda reminds me of Full Metal Panic in a way. 
The anime is pretty short, it's only 11 episodes and two movies. I actually started rewartching it again to understand it a little better but, in general, I really liked it. 

 Evergreen Love

Evergreen Love is a Japanese romatic movie about a woman who isn't exactly happy with the way her life is. One night she finds a man on the street and suddenly they start living together. He teaches her a lof of things and makes her very happy but, he's always very mysterious and has a secret.

I wouldn't say it is the best movie ever but, it is a good one to watch if you're looking for a light movie to relax.

I was going to include the Sailor Moon Eternal movies in here but there is a separate post dedicated to it, hehe.

Let me know if you've watched one of these or if you'd like to watch them!! 

xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com