Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Dec 19, 2021

My love-hate relationship with bangs.

I've always had a love-hate relationship with bangs. I really think bangs are great for the Fall/Winter season, it adds a nice, kinda cozy something to your look. But honestly they are not my best look and, to me, they are hard to maintain. I usually like to get them during this time of the year (I got them in summer this year tho~) because the weather is colder and that way, you don't get all sweaty with the bangs. 

I suck at cutting them and I know the best thing would have been just going to a salon to get them but, I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to go to one because of the pandemic. (Paranoid much? Maybe!) My mom was the one who cut them for me and I actually think she did a great job. 

Back when my mom cut my bangs

I do try to trim them every couple of weeks because it grows too fast and starts looking weird. My ideal lenght is right below my eyebrows or a bitsy bit longer if I want to go for the side bangs look.

Like I said, it is not the most practical look, especially if you're like me and can't leave your hair without styling it a bit. I can't rock the look without doing my bangs everyday. Which has caused me to burn my hair in the past because of the constant heat. I've learned a few things since then and I thought it'd be a good idea to share them with you, in case you feel like getting bangs for this Fall - Winter season:

Wash the bangs!

Even tho I don't wash my hair every single day, I do give my bangs a quick shampoo session every day. That's because bangs get greasy super fast because of sweat and the constant touching. It only takes me a couple of minutes when I wash my face at night and It'll give them a nice, clean look the next day.

"Train" them while wet.

I've realized that whenever I "train" the bangs while they are still wet, it becomes easier to style them when they're dry. This is big help when you want to style them to the side, part them in the middle, etc. 

Front bangs

side bangs

The downside is that no matter what you do, you will wake up with funny looking bangs but, they won't lose the direction you gave them while wet.

Accessories.

Something that helps a lot is using a roller (I use a small one) just to give them a non-flat, fluffy look. The one I use is a velcro hair roller. I like these type of rollers because they don't mark your hair. 

Excuse the hairs, lol.

Another thing I like to use, especially when I'm doing my makeup is a velcro strap thingy to keep it away from my face without ruining it.


I know there are lots of hair products people might use but I've never been much of a hair product person so I just apply a tiny little bit of spray when my bangs don't cooperate. Cuz it's almost impossible to wake up with good looking bangs.

All in all I think they look super cute but I wouldn't recommend them if you want something that is low maintenance.

Do you have a favorite seasonal hairstyle? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com