Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Aug 15, 2023

What I've been watching lately | Summer 2023 |

Summer came with lots of new anime seasons and I couldn't be happier about it. But, some of them are not over yet so, I'm only including the ones I'm done watching. Also, some of these shows are not Summer shows and I watched some of the before it started but, I really enjoyed them and wanna recommend them.

As expected, we have some anime and kdrama as a part of this list. Let's do this!

☆ The Glory 


This K-drama was my mom's recommendation, we waited every week to watch a new episode. It is a revenge, psychological thriller about a woman who was badly bullied at school. This made her drop out of school and start focusing her life on planning her revenge. I gotta say it was super different to the dramas I usually watch and, I loved it. There was no plain, boring episode. Apparently this 16 episode long show is based on a true story.

☆ Good Bad Mother


This k-drama is said to be a family, comedy, slice-of-life kind of show but I'd say it's pretty dramatic too. It's about a prosecutor who has an accident that leaves him with the mind of a child, this will help him to heal his relationship with his mom. It is 14 episodes long and they are a roller coaster of emotions. It made me cry! In the end it is a beautiful story, defo worth checking out.

☆ Sweet Magnolias Season 3


I have talked about this show before cuz it's the 3rd season! As the previous seasons, the show follows the life of 3 longlife friends, their families, relationships and struggles living in a small town. I always enjoy watching this show, they just take forever to release new seasons and that makes me forget some things that happened in the previous seasons. Oh well. This season only has 10 episodes that went by super fast. Now I can't wait for another season.

☆ Yamada-kun


I won't talk about this one much because I have a separate post dedicated to it. Yeah, I loved it that much. Hehehe. But I do have to say it is defo worth watching. I can't wait for a second season!
If you wanna check the blog post, click here!

☆ Oshi No Ko


I'm sure most of you have heard or even seen this anime but, I still want to include it because, it's something completely different from what I've seen and, I really liked it. It was a recommendation from a friend and, once I started it, it didn't take long for me to get caught up. 
The first episode is a longer episode (we can call it a mini movie) and works as an introduction of what will happend later in the show and why.

Synopsis is from My anime list:
"In the entertainment world, celebrities often show exaggerated versions of themselves to the public, concealing their true thoughts and struggles beneath elaborate lies. Fans buy into these fabrications, showering their idols with undying love and support, until something breaks the illusion. Sixteen-year-old rising star Ai Hoshino of pop idol group B Komachi has the world captivated; however, when she announces a hiatus due to health concerns, the news causes many to become worried.

As a huge fan of Ai, gynecologist Gorou Amemiya cheers her on from his countryside medical practice, wishing he could meet her in person one day. His wish comes true when Ai shows up at his hospital—not sick, but pregnant with twins! While the doctor promises Ai to safely deliver her children, he wonders if this encounter with the idol will forever change the nature of his relationship with her."

It has 11 episodes with a bit of everything, comedy, mystery, drama, etc. The characters are great and I think what I liked the most about it, is the fact that it covers dark real life situations.

☆ Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii 


Same as with Yamada-kun, I have a post about it and the live action movie. In this case, I recommend the anime a lot more than the movie. It's not that it's bad but, I didn't love it.

Wanna read about the anime, click here.
Wanna read about the movie, click here.

And, that's that guys. I might share another show recommendation post when I finish the shows I'm cuttenly watching. 

See you next time~! ♡

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com