Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jan 25, 2024

What I've been watching lately 2024

I think I've watched enough things to make another post about the shows I've liked lately-ish. I know some of this shows aren't new but I've been acumulating them for a while now so, we're doing this. These are my first recommendations of 2024, hehe.

Let's start with some anime. 

My Happy Marriage

This 12 episode anime about Saimori Miyo, who lives a life of servitude by her abusive stepmother because she doesn't seem to have supernatural powers. Miyo is forced to have an arranged marriage. Her fiancee is known to be cold and cruel but with time, she discovers that he isn't as bad as everyone says. As they start opening to each other, they realize they might find true love and happiness.

It is a supernatural anime but it's also a love story with lots of drama and beautiful scenery. Honestly, it is beautiful visually wise, that was the first thing that caught my attention, plus Kudo-san is SO handsome, hehe. I'm hoping we will get a second season cuz, there are so many questions and situations that need answers!!

Horimiya Piece

I don't think I could call this a second season because it isn't exactly a continuation of the previos season, it is more of a complement that shows an expansion of the story we saw before, including flashbacks and random bits of  daily life. 

It has 13 episodes and even tho, some people think it's not the same as the first season, I loved it. I haven't rewatched it yet as I did with the other one but, I would! 

Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2

The second season of Jujutsu Kaisen is divided in two parts, the first episodes work as a prequel of the Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie (that I haven't watched yet), that shows the past of Gojo sensei and Geto and, the other part is the Shibuya incident, that takes us back to the present and is the continuation of the 1st season.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed this season, it was exciting but, I liked the first one a lot more. Maybe because I felt more connected to the characters and their stories a lot more or, because I haven't watch the movie yet. Idk. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next season!

Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan

This show is basically a 2023 adaptation of the manga or a... remake? I don't know but I've been loving it! I'm sure most of you know the story but, to keep it short, "Himura Kenshin is a vagabond with a dark past and sunny disposition; his travels lead him to Tokyo, and he befriends a female Kendo master." 

The character designs is really pretty and, even tho I've heard some people aren't loving 100%, it's been so nostalgic and fun for me to watch. Plus, I'll watch anything and everything Rurouni Kenshin related. I love Kenshin way too much.

It aired back in July and ended in December with 24 episodes but, it'll have a second part this year, “Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Disturbance“, it'll cover the Kyoto/Shishio arc. I lit can't wait!

Blue Eye Samurai


I don't know if I can include this as anime but, we're still putting it here. Hehe.
To keep it short, this story is about Mizu, a samurai who lives life in disguise, seeking revenge. It has 8 episodes and has a little bit of everything, action, drama, funny moments and, lots of blood. I do have to say, it's not for kids tho. It's also viasually pleasing

✩ Why Didn't I Tell You a Million Times? (100万回 言えばよかった)

Everytime I watch a new drama, I say I don't want to watch something with people dying or getting sick because they make me cry but, somehow I always end up watching those types of dramas. I chose this drama because of Take-chan, I love him way too much. 

I don't want to spoil the story so, here's the summary from Netflix: "Reunited as adults, childhood friends fall madly in love and won't let anything -- not even death -- tear them apart."

This drama only has 10 episodes and it's super engaging. It makes you laugh, cry and love Take-chan more! I loved it. The only thing that didn't make me 100% happy was that I felt like some things didn't have a proper closure. Idk. But, I defo, defo recommend it.

✩ Unlocked


This is a 2023 South Korean psychological thriller about a woman whose life is about to become a nightmare after a crazy man finds her phone and starts tracking her every move. It's a good movie and even tho, the stalker was dangerous, it wasn't as invincible as they are in American movies. Plus it was kinda scary to see what people is capable of doing through a phone.

✩ Densha Otoko (電車男)


Densha Otoko is a 2005 Japanese drama that was recommended by a friend. It's the story of an otaku who saves a beautiful woman from a drunk man on the train, he falls for her and starts sharing his story on an online forum and all the members there help him to get closer to her. Their relationship develops in a funny (and sometimes dramatic) ways, especially because they are way too different, at the same time, Yamada, the otaku, builds a strong friendship with all the members from the forum.

I really enjoyed this drama, but especially loved how they portrayed online friendships cuz, I do believe you can also make special relationships with people online. 
This drama has 11 episodes and 2 specials. Misaki Ito is absolutely gorgeous and, I was ver surprised to see Oguri Shun, who was my crush in Boys Over Flowers. He was looking as goos as always, hehe.
So, even tho it is an old drama, I still think it's worth watching. I believe there are some remakes now and also an anime version that I haven't watched.

Shun-kun ♡
And, that is going to be it for this post. As I'm typing this, I already finished other shows but, I think I'll save them for another recommendations post. Let me know if you have watched some of these or, if you're planning to do it.

See you next time~! 💋

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share my interests, stories and obsessions with you guys~! ♡

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com