I can't remember the last time I read manga, it's been at least 2 years, I think. But, on my birthday I received this Junji Ito's Cat Diary: Yon & Mu manga and finally got to read it last month. In this house, we love Junji Ito, his horror stories are amazing and this manga, is completely different, in a good way.
"Master of Japanese horror manga Junji Ito presents a series of hissterical tales chronicling his real-life trials and tribulations of becoming a cat owner. Junji Ito, as J-kun, has recently built a new house and has invited his financée, A-ko, to live with him. Little did he know…his blushing bride-to-be has some unexpected company in tow—Yon, a ghastly-looking family cat, and Mu, an adorable Norwegian forest cat. Despite being a dog person, J-kun finds himself purrsuaded by their odd cuteness and thus begins his comedic struggle to gain the affection of his new feline friends."
This manga was publushed in March 13th, 2009 and it basically shares the adventures of J-kun and his cats. Fun and cute slice of life short stories. It was a fun easy read with great illustrations and even some photos of the real Yon & Mu. In between chapters, we have a mini interview with Junji Ito, where he shares the process of making this manga that is so different from what he usually does.
![]() |
| Sweet babies Yon & Mu |
I finished it in a couple of days cuz it's not a thick manga and the chapters were short, so it was easy to read a couple of them during the day. To me, it's a great thing to have as a cat lover and a cat mom. You know I have two cats so, Idk, it was a special something haha.
![]() |
| Cat bookmark felt perfect for this one. My sister made it yeaaaars ago. |
I don't really own any other Junji Ito manga now that I think about it. I'd love to get some since, again, I love his work.
I think that's it for this post. It was short but, I really wanted to share this manga. Defo recommend it if you love cats or, just want to read something from Junji Ito that is not horror but stil has his great art.
![]() |
| See you next time~!💋 |






.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment