Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Sep 23, 2026

House Upgrades & Changes

This month I set myself some house projects I wanted to slowly tackle to upgrade my apartment and organize things better. Plus, it gave me something fun to look forward to in a month that's still kinda bitersweet for me.

I was planning to share them in separate posts but, in the end I decided to put all of them together. It may end up being a long post tho. Sorry in advance but, I'm in a yappy mood so, yeah. 

Before I start, I have to say that my place is not an aesthetic one, that's not my intention. I like a lived-in place that feels good (to me) but that is also functional for me and my babies. Plus, I believe I have to make the most out of what I have until I have the budget or the chance to change some things. 

Not all the upgrades I'm gonna share here are big ones and some of them were only reorganizing things I already had but was too lazy to work on. 

Now, let's start with the thing I was the most excited about, my kitchen cabinet. I knew I wanted one for a while but, I took my sweet time deciding which one I liked the most. I have a white and grey kitchen, so I wanted it to match but also be a clean color. I'm thinking about painting the kitchen at some point cuz, even tho I like the white, it's way too dirty~ But that'll be a project for another day...

This is the one I ended up choosing. I liked it because it's very versatile, you can make it work in other rooms without looking like a kitchen cabinet thingy. I bought it online and it arrived sooner than expected, making the beginning of my month a very exciting one.

One thing about me is that, I love to assemble furniture and play with some tools. I am my father's daughter after all and I'm sure he would be proud. ♡
I wanted to take more pics of the process but I was so focused, I forgot to do it so, here are the ones I took. I spent a whole Friday afternoon working on it and it was so satisfying and so worth it.

I'm not proud of my mess but, I want to show you the real before and after, haha. I had been using a metallic shelf that was my dad's for a long time. And I mean, the shelf is sturdy and it did the job. It helped me for a while but, it was just too messy since I kept throwing random things at it. I wanted the kitchen to look more put together. You know, like a proper kitchen. It really made a big, big difference. 

I like it because I can still have easy access and see everything I have but, if someone comes over, they don't have to see it. I'm sure It'll get messy with time but, that's ok. Hehehe.

One of the things I liked the most were the round shelves it has on the side cuz I can actually use some of them for decor. Right now, I'm not too sure how I want to decorate it but I added a few things just to see how it'd look.

Closer look to some of the things I put as decor for now. The only shelf I think will stay like that is the one with the abundance jar I made, the candle and the frame that as an old, handwritten recipe from my grandma's recipe notebook. I love it so so much and I think it's a cute way to honor her. 

This change came with some reorganizing and decluttering but, I'm SO happy with the way it makes my kitchen look. Now, since I was not going to use the shelf in the kitchen anymore, my idea was to change it to my office to have more space to store my things. And that takes us to my next mini project...

My office space is a bit of everything; working space, closet, cat's relaxing room and my fangirl, otaku place haha. I'm still working on it cuz I want it to feel like a cozy space but, it's been a slow process since I don't focus on it too much. 

Before and after.
Before I was using a bathroom shelf I brought from my dad's house when I moved cuz I didn't have much furniture and, I kept moving it around until it made it to my office. It was a bit small and I always kept it super messy, throwing all types of things on it. Changing it for the metallic shelf gave me more space to organize things and even add some decor. Is is the prettiest? No. But it does the job for now and changing it isn't really a proirity atm.

Lastly we have the smallest change, but the one I kept postponing for whatever reason, drilling the 3 plates in one wall. It only took me like 20 mins and honestly, it made a good difference.

I don't have a good before pic, but at the top, you can kinda see what it looked like. Between the plates I used to have a frame but, it fell and I just decided to put it somewhere else. Then I started noticing how the plates were not centered or aligned with the other side. And that happened because I never measured anything properly when I first hung everything. It was starting to bother me so much, haha. So, I decided to hang the 3 plates on the same wall and get something else to decorate the other side of the window later. 
This time I made sure to measure things and even had paper circles on my wall for some time to make sure it looked good.
It's something super simple and small but, it made me so happy to finally see it finished. I still want to change the curtains but I still dunno what color I want for them. All I know is, I want them to be plain and neutral, because I usually have a lot going on in the house.

Closer peek at the plates. They were Sari's (my dad's gf). Her daughter brought them form a trip to China but she couldn't take them when she moved away so, I kept them. 

Last thing I want to share is my lamp! My mom gave me that floor lamp and I think it complements the space really well. I wanted one for whenever I read in the living room at night. Having a lamp on is cozier than having all the lights on so, yeah. I plan to change the light to a warmer one as soon as I remember to get a new bulb, hehe.

And, that's it for this upgrades and changes in the apartment. Setting these projects for the month really helped and motivated me to actually focus and make the time to work on them. Defo better than trying to tackle a million things at the same time without making any progress.
I think I'll continue doing it this way, keeping in mind it doesn's always have to be something big. 

So, if you read til the end, big thanks! This was a long one. But I hope you enjoyed, I really love sharing and working on these thingies. 
Maybe I'll save other changes for future posts.

See you next time~! 💋

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share my interests, stories and obsessions with you guys~! ♡

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com