I read this book by Masashi Kishimoto and Tomohito Ohsaki years ago and, even tho I really liked the story, I read it in spanish and, didn't love the way it was written. On my previous post, I even mentioned I would have liked to find it and read it in English. And so, on my last birthday, I received the English version as a pressie.
It's the Sakura Hiden: Thoughts of Love, Riding Upon a Spring Breeze part of the Naruto Hiden novels.
| I love this cover so much. |
Honestly, I didn't remember much about the story so, it felt new. But reading my old post about it, I still feel the same about the story and the characters so, because I don't wanna be repetitive, I will link that post here, add a few thoughts and, we'll compare the two editions I have.
First of all, and I know this is not a popular opinion, I just love Sakura's love for Sasuke SO MUCH. Yeah, I know it can be a little sad at times but, I could relate to her so much at some point in my life. I'm so happy, in the end, they got their happy ending. But, in this book, we don't get to see Sasuke that much, which is not bad, but there's always this hope that he will show up at some point.
Defo enjoyed seeing the interactions between Ino and Sai this time. She's so cute when he's around her. Plus, my Kakashi Sensei is just the best.
And since, for some reason, I enjoy fighting scenes in general a lot more now, all the fights felt way more exciting this time. Team work was great and, I love the fact that Sakura showed she's strong and can take care of herself without having to be saved by others. Good way to remember why she's one of my favorite characters from the show.
Reading it in English made the experience a lot better. And idk how to explain it but, some of the expressions in the Spanish version felt kinda... weird.
![]() |
| Still think this is one of Sakura's prettiest pics. |
It is a very thin and easy to read book, my initial goal was to read a chapter a day and finish it in a week but, I ended up finishing it in less than a week. I guess that shows I did enjoy it.
And, I think that'll be all when it comes to the story, now let's talk compare the books. I mean, it's not like they are way different but, still.
I never thought I'd be the kind of person who has two different editions of the same book but, here I am, all happy with them.
And well, to finish this post, I want to show you my latest Sasusaku plushies. Especially because I randomly received them, from different people on the same weekend I decided to start reading the novel. It was just a funny coincidence but, it makes sense, they belong together.♡
| I'll start with Sasuke cuz I received him first. My friends know how much I love him and got it for me. The pic doesn't really show it but, it is actually a plush keychain and I currently have him hanging from my bag. He is soooo cute! |
I feel like this post was a little all over the place but, I really wanted to share these things. I still want to read the Kakashi Hiden and Sasuke's Story. Hopefully this year, hehe. I want to finish reading what I already have first so, yeah. We'll see what happens.
| See you next time~๐ |





.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment