Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Oct 6, 2026

October/Fall Chit Chat: Living & Breathing My Fav Season Without Stress πŸŽƒπŸ‚

October and Fall are here, and that makes me really happy! It’s true when I say I want lo live and breathe Fall (and especially spooky season) as much as possible but, that also made me realize I used to put too much pressure on myself to pack as many seasonal activities as possible in one month or I’d feel like I was missing out.

I was thinking about that days so, I thought that I could have a little chitchat with you about it and also share some of the things I want to do this month to enjoy the season without stress, haha. This might be a little all over the place tho~ (I bet no one is surprised at this point).

When I was younger, had more free time and less responsibilities, I loved to plan my Halloween costume even months before actual October, plan lots of activities and places to go with friends and family and of course, buy a ton of new stuff every year. And don’t get me wrong, I still love all that but, we’re all adults with some not-so-fun responsibilities and priorities and sometimes it’s just hard to have a fun, big plan every week or weekend with everyone.

And, for the past few years, that idea made me feel like I wasn’t enjoying the season as I should. Of course there is no right or wrong way to enjoy a season but, it took me a while to understand it. It’s especially hard when you see people online doing all these fun, themed stuff “all the time” but you just have to deal with your everyday job and wait until the weekend to have some fun.

Last year I made a list of things I wanted to do throughout October, not as a to-do list, more as a reminder and to give me ideas of some things I could plan whenever I had the time. And it went pretty well, I didn’t do everything I wrote in there, but I can say I did at least half of it. And It wasn’t even all about going to places or events.

This year, I also made one, but I tried to focus on realistic things I know I can do and would actually enjoy. I'm not attending to a random Halloween party this year because last year I tried that and, it was a big fail. Dressing up for it was fun tho~

This time I want to stretch those things into November too cuz, even tho spooky season ends with October, November it’s still Fall, and it’s still perfect for cozy activities. Among the things I want to do this Fall are some of the things I didn’t get to do last year like taking a cementery stroll with a seasonal drink, baking cookies (I know I can do this anytime but Fall feels just perfect for that), and cook something comforting and seasonal. Continue with the traditions I have with friends and family, like getting the first pumpkin spice latte of the year with my mom, visit Macadamia Gourmet with my friends and try the seasonal menu, make boo baskets and prepare some gifts and go to the AlfeΓ±ique Fair. And, of course, a few new things such as going on a solo date and look for a spooky book, making time for some cozy hobbies like coloring and go back to the Inquisition Museum cuz I haven't been there in ages. Add to that, eating and drinkin as many seasonal yummies as possible.

As for my shopping, I've been trying to be more intentional with the Halloween things I buy, I already have too much decor so, I'm trying to get only pieces I love and know will have a place in my house. But, I still can't resist to get some random trinkets, haha. The rule this year was not to get anything for myself so people could have more options when putting my gifts together. (I might have broken that rule just a little).

I've also been looking for ways to romanticize the season even when I'm at home or working. Part of that is on the small things like having my coffee using my seasonal mugs, taking out the Halloween plates for whenever I eat something, watching some Halloweeny shows and movies and even sharing some seasonal stuff with my students. Haha. 

We're already a few days into the month so, of course I already started with some of these and, it feels great! I guess I'll share more of what I've done in a few weeks cuz you know, sharing is caring. LOL.

That's it for now, random, I know but, I've been feeling yappy lately~!

See you next time~!πŸ’‹

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share my interests, stories and obsessions with you guys~! ♡

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com