Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jul 10, 2020

Mon's Kitchen: Spring Rolls



Quarantine has given me the time to practice my cooking a little more and take my time with it. My latest dish, and one I am really proud of, is Spring Rolls.

I know most of them are filled with vegetables and, as much as I like them, I wanted to include some kind of meat so, I made my own filling. Hehe. Then I saw many delicious things you can use to fill them. I wanna try them all! Haha.

Here are the ingredients I used:
Keep in mind I mostly use ready-to-cook or frozen ingredients... hehe



✦ 300g of minced chicken breast
✦ 500g of frozen veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and corn)
✦ Morimoto Rice Paper (package comes with 10 rice sheets)
✦ Blue Dragon Stir Fry Sauce
✦ White rice

To make the filling, I first cooked the chicken breast and seasoned it with some salt and garlic, then added the defrosted veggies to cook them a little too.


This amount was enough for the 10 rolls. I actually had some leftovers.

My favorite part was definitely making the rolls. It was my first time attempting to make them so I had no idea of how to use the rice paper. Instructions were very simple and easy to follow tho.
You just dip the sheet in water for a couple of seconds to make it softer, it also becomes sticky. Once it is soft, you put the filling and start to roll. The stickiness will help you to seal the rolls.
It was a lot of fun.



When your rolls are ready, you can eat them like that but, I decided to fry them. I thought they'd stick to the pan and tear but surpisingly, they didn't. For some reason, I was expecting them to become a bit golden brown after frying but I guess that happes when you use some other kind of sheets.

Rolls before frying

I chose white rice as a side dish but guess it was too much rice...? Idk.
The stir fry sause gave them that little extra something. They were really good.


I think they came out a little too big but considering it was my first time making them, they were not bad at all.
😋

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com