Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Nov 2, 2020

Día de Muertos means, Pan de Muerto!

I think this is going to be a very random food post...

 I rarely blog about local things, most people know I fail when it comes to loving those things but, I can honestly say that a local tradition I enjoy is the Day of the Dead (día de muertos) and, I can’t go a year without eating pan de muerto (bread of the dead(?)). The sooner I start, the better.

Pan the muerto is traditional sweetened bread usually made in late October/November for Dia de Muertos. It might not be a big as Halloween for me but I still enjoy the season. It has the shape of a bun and it's decorated with what simulates to be the bones of the dead. This may change depending on the state, I think.

Of course, you can find different types of it and even different flavors now! I've tried many so far, some good, some great but last year I discovered that one of my student’s family had a bakery and they make delicious ones! I had to get more this year. They have traditional flavors like butter and orange bread; and a very unusual one for me: guava. Which has to be my favorite so far.

And well, you know how people try to create new things using some traditional or seasonal flavors, right? This year pan de muerto (along with other 2 other flavors) were transformed into cereal. I'm not sure how most people feel about it but, me being me, had to try it.


It said it contained vanilla, butter and orange blossom. To me it tasted like honey with a slight hint of the orange blossom in the milk. Then again, I'm not the best when it comes to describing food. I just love to eat it.

I had high expectations for this particular one (still kinda want to try the others) and they were not completely fulfilled but, it wasn't bad either. 

Anyway, that's my random chit chat about Pan de Muerto. Hope you enjoyed it, haha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com