Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jan 2, 2023

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War

Guys! We all know I've been obsessing with Bleach all over again, specially because of the Thousand-Year Blood War arc. The first part (season?) was released back in October 2022 and ended in December. I have to say I don't follow the manga, just the anime so, many things were new to me. And, boy did I love it! I promise I won't spoil anything cuz it's still pretty new but, as usual, I want to share my excitement with y'all! Hehe.

At first I thought it was a little darker than the older Arcs, with more action / fighting scenes and less funny moments but, that changed as the episodes progressed. To give you a quick background on the story, peace in Soul Society is broken when residents start disappearing for no reason, the Quincy are back and they are stronger than before cuz they can steal the Captains' bankai. Honestly, I never really liked the Quincy and it was no different this time. Of course, they ask for Ichigo's help and his friends decide to go along with him. That is like a very general (and bad) summary, lol.

Now yeah, I said I don't like the Quincy but this time I loved the Arc! First of all, I really liked to see how strong the relationship between Ichigo and his friends is now and how confident they are with their powers. Some of the characters also had a new look, hehe. And I loved it! I was mostly excited about Rangiku's new look, she looks really pretty. (we can blame her for my new haircut but, that is something for another post). The story is more Soul Society based but we do get to see a little Karakura.


I had so many emotions while watching this arc. A big part of it was the nostalgia!! Cuz OMG I always connect Bleach with a very happy period of my life and it's sometimes difficult to realize how much things have changed since then. Also, I don't really have many people to share my obsession with now. The first episode had a special ending showing scenes from the older episodes and yeah, the feels.

Then we have the feeling of seeing some captains losing their bankai, others getting badly hurt and even dying, it was sad!

There's a glimpse of Aizen trapped in the Soul Society, I know many peope were really looking forward to seeing him. We also see him in some Flashbacks along with Tosen and my man Gin. Even if it was for a bit and through a flashback, it made me really, really happy to see him again. My heart. These 3 are not the only old characters we get to see. Of course we have new characters too, like the Squad 0.


The last two episodes were the best, cuz they were full of unexpected surprises, emotional stories that explained things that happened in the earlier episodes and made a lot of sense now.

Idk guys, I feel like this is my most random anime chit chat so far! I'm not even making a point here but, I needed to let it all out, hehe. 

This season has 13 episodes and we'll have to wait until July to see the second part. There's already a trailer out there and it is so freaking good! I really can't wait! In the meantime I'm still watching the older episodes to remember things and characters. 

Feel free to let me know if you're gonna watch it or, if you have already seen it. Thoughts? 

Other Bleach related posts:

30 Questions For Bleach Fans

Once upon a time, I was a Shinigami...

See you next time~ ♡

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com