Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Mar 28, 2023

What I've been watching lately 2023

Channeling my inner Orihime Inoue, hehe.

I'm currently waiting for some of my favorite anime to release new seasons and Spring break is close so, I thought it'd be a good moment to share some of the show's I've watched in case someone wants some ideas or has time to watch them. As usual, we have some anime and Japanese shows you can find on Netflix.

Let's get into it!

☆ Gokushufudou (The way of the househusband) Season 2

I already shared this anime last year, when I watched the first season. Tatsu is a former Yakuza who's now living as a househusband. Season 2 has only 5 episodes so far, I'm not sure if they will release more cuz according to the internet, it's supposed to be 10 episodes long. Each episode has like 2 or 3 mini stories and they always make me laugh a lot.

☆ The Makanai: Cooking for the Maiko House

This is an absolutely beautiful show about two best friends who move to Kyoto to follow their dream of becoming maiko but as time passes, they discover they have different skill and goals. I loved this show so much, not only because everthing is just so... cozy and beautiful but also because of the way they show the friendship between these two girls, they way they support each other and become each other's family while they work to make their dreams come true. Also the food! This is one of those shows that will make you hungry as you watch. Hehe. It is very short tho, it only has 9 episodes that went by super fast!

Recommended 1000%

☆ Junji Ito Maniac: Tales of the Macabre

I've always loved Junji Ito and the Nexflix series was not an exception. It shows 20 short horror stories in 12 episoeds. Apparently, they are the most famous stories from the author. Some of them are scary, some others just very weirs but, all of them are very interesting. Defo worth watching if you're a horror fan like me.

☆ Kantaro The Sweet Tooth Salary Man

This is a show I started watching years ago, then stopped, then started again until I recently finished it. It is a very awkward show that follows Kantaro, a salary man who likes to eat sweets and desserts in between working hours. He goes around, visiting restaurants and trying their desserts in a very secretly way. Cuz he shows himself as a very serious, almost emotionless person at work. I mostly watched it because of the desserts, haha. They show the preparation and ingredients behind each of them. 

This show is 12 episodes long and, as the show goes, we'll meet other characters too. I don't know if I'd recommend it 100% but, it's entertaining.

☆ Detective Conan: The Culprit Hanzawa

This one is a spinoff of the Detective Conan anime that I love but still have a lot to get caught up with. in this 12 episode long series, we follow a black-silhouetted character, like the culprits we see on the show. He moves to Beika to complete his plan of killing someone. It is a funny show and we see cameos of the original characters in every episode, I loved that.

The show goes by pretty fast without becoming boring. If you like Detective Conan, you'd enjoy it too.

☆ Old enough!

I think I mentioned this show on a previous post. If you don't know this show, it is a very popular Japanese show that follows very young children going on their first errands ever. It's super cute amd lightweight. Season 2 has 10 episodes and they not just show the kids on their errand but they also show what happened to them years later.

☆ Aggretsuko season 5


Lastly we have Aggretsuko season 5. This season has 10 episodes and is mostly focused on Haida and Retsuko. Honestly it was my least favorite but sadly, it will be the last one. I've been following the show since 2018 so, I'm defo gonna miss it so much.

And there you have it guys, some show recommendations if you need ideas for this Spring break. If Japanese shows are not your thing, I have a small list of non-Asian shows that I might share soon.

See you next time~! ♡

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com