Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

May 18, 2016

The type of teacher I want to be + Teachers day & gifts.



Hi there my darlings!
Teachers day was just a few days ago! But since I had so many things to do these past few days, I just got the chance to sit and write a new heart-to-heart related to my job.
As some (or most) of you know, I am an english teacher who works with preschool kids. I've said this before but, I truly think my job is a very rewarding one! There is no one day that is the same. Kids are very spontaneous and they learn super fast! I love English, and I love to see how my kids learn the language, feel so curious about it and even copy my expressions!

But after some years of work, I realized that working with kids around that age is a lot bigger than just helping them to learn a new language, it is also about helping them to become more sure about themselves, to be a little more independent, to show them what they are capable of doing and more.
Sometimes it's easy to just think that teaching is just a "job" but we lose the idea of what that job really means and how much of an impact it can create on a kid.

Because even tho it can be really exciting to see how they learn what you teach them, it's even more great to see how much they change as the school year goes by. And to know you are a big part of that change is the best reward I get from my job.
Some of our kids spend main part of their day at school/daycare with us. We teach, we learn,we play together and yeah, it comes a time when we become a little family. It is a BIG responsibility when you see it that way.

So, the more I think about it, the more I know that yeah, I want them to learn English or all the "academic stuff" we teach them but, I also want to remember me as someone who helped them to become better people, to know what they are really capable of and to always dream big. I want to be a teacher who teaches from the heart, not only a language but also happy life experiences, morals, and who gives them the security they need to always aim for the best.
We're working with little human beings after all.


I'm getting a little emotional since the end of the school year is close to an end~ Hehe.

As for teachers day, we had a nice breakfast together and then took them to have some bubble tea to continue our fun chat. I'm happy to say that more than coworkers, we've become good friends!
I also want to thank all my kids and their parents for always showing us big love and sweet details! I know gifts are not the way to measure love but it always feels nice to see how excited the kids are when they give you one, when they see you using it and also, because it is a way from the parents to show you how thankful they are.
I'm also very thankful for them and for my coworkers/friends. They keep teaching me so much about our job and about life.
Happy teachers day to all my fellow teachers out there! I hope you had a wonderful day and let's always remeber the importance our job has.

Some of the pressies I recieved. Took the pic this morning so I couldn't include the ones that came in today. They keep coming!!! Thank you ♥



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com