Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jul 17, 2019

✏ Teacher chit chat #4: Bye bye to another school year~



Hello everyone!
Welcome back to another Teacher chit chat. I was planning to do some of these posts every couple of months but clearly, I haven't. My bad.

Sometimes I feel like I have a lot to say, share my struggles but then I don't want it to make it sound like a rant. Some other times I want to share my activities with my students but, I just have no time.

Anyway, this school year was such a challenging and stressful one. Lots of things changed throughout the year, and I have to admit, I felt like giving up at some point but, I didn't! Cuz I knew my students deserved better.

But even with all the ups and downs, I enjoyed my time with my students, and I'm so proud of how much they've grown in just one year. It's crazy!!
I also made so many fun memories with the kids and my coworkers, got to make some great friends too, learned so many lessons and got to challenge myself to try different things and overcome some personal "fears."


One of those, as some of you know, were the "open classes", they always stress me so much. But this time I tried something different, something that the parents, my kids and even I would enjoy. We played, worked together and I got some really good feedback from their parents. That helped me a lot to feel more confident and believe in myself a little more, which is always such a struggle.
Now I can also say that I don't let other's words or actions get to me as bad as I used to. I think I'm better at dealing with "problems" now.
Adult life sucks at times but I think I can handle it a little better now.

And well, now that the school year is over, is always hard to say goodbye to some of the students (cuz they just graduated from elementary school), who knows if we'll see each other again! But then I know once we start the new year, I'll see new and familiar faces again.

As for the graduates, 6th grade was a group I'll never forget. Not only because they were my first 6th grade but also because we got along so well, we had fun working and learning together and we had a million things to share in and out of class.
I still remember how scared I was to work with them because I never worked with kids their age before. Who would've thought they would end up being one of my favs ever.
I'm so proud of them and I hope they know it. They are capable of doing great, great things.

small graduation pressie for my students
All in all, I'm glad that I got to experience it all (good and bad) because it made me a better teacher, it opened my eyes to so many things and it made me a stronger person.

A new school year is always an adventure, can't wait to see what will happen on the next one!!
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com