Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Sep 20, 2020

| September Blogging Challenge | ✏ Teacher Chit Chat #7: Why did I decide to do what I do?


Now that I've been back to work this post feels just right. Most of you already know that my plan wasn't exactly to be a teacher when I was younger. I'm actually a fashion designer who accidentally fell in love with teaching.

And it's funny cuz it all started with me taking a teaching job to "do something" while deciding what I really wanted to do with my life after realizing that fashion design wasn't for me. After that year I decided to continue, and spent many years working in preschool. Somehow I was always a little hesitant to work with older kids until I got a good opportunity and went for it. And gradually I started opening myself to work with different ages, now I work with children, teenagers and adults.

And well, throughout my life I've been trying to find something I'm good at (and I still am) but it wasn't easy for me to step out of my comfort zone and I think that, in a way, teaching helped me to push mysef and do it. Cuz first of all, no day is the same and no student is the same. You have to be in constant innovation and learn to adapt to different situations. It also makes me be more creative and a little more confident. Whenever my students learn somethng from me, be it life or school related, I feel everything I do is worth it. And the cool thing is, they are not the only ones learning, I learn from them too. Even from my youngest.

And well, with time I also discovered that I love to insipre others and share what I know. That is part of why I have this blog too. Cuz if what I share in here can reach at least one person, inspire or help someone, I'll be the happiest. And same thing happens with my students.

But, why did I choose teaching? 

Because even tho it can be exhausting and stressful, it's been the best challenge life has thrown at me. I love what I do and I really enjoy it. There have been times when the classroom was my happy place, it has made me grow professionally and personally and, I don't know, I feel like even tho everyday Mon and Teacher Mon are slightly different people, I can really be myself around my students and that feels great. 

Sorry this post is a little shorter than usual but, I've been crazy busy lately and it's been hard to find time to  sit and write a proper post. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com