Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jan 26, 2021

My experience taking a COVID test


Earlier this month I had to take a COVID test as a requirement before going back to work. I'm sure the case is similar in different places but, cases have been increasing a lot over here lately, especially after the Holidays. 
Even knowing that I've been home as much as possible and didn't meet or got reunited with anyone (aside from work), taking the test was a scary experience. Something I should mention here is that I find everything doctor/dentist related scary.

The appointment was at the school I work in, two doctors were there perfectly covered up and protected (astronaut style! Hehe) to do the tests.
My turn was like the 8th, I was so relieved because I didn't have to go first.

The test I took was the RCP test (idk if it's the name everywhere), and is the one where they use a long nasal swab to take samples from both nostrils. It is also known as the molecular test and it detects the genetic material of the virus that causes COVID-19. I've read that they also do this test through the throat... I'm lucky I didn't have to take that one!! Apparently the results from this text can be very accurate.

The thing is, the swab thing goes deep in the nose which makes it super uncomfortable and, it kinda hurts. Part of it was my fault tho, they ask you to try not to make any expression to avoid the pain, but I just couldn't do it. 
I'm going to be honest here, the test is not nice, but it's not as horrible as I thought it'd be. It is uncomfortable, yes. And it did hurt, and my nose was sore for the rest of the day but, it was not something I couldn't stand.
It only took a couple of minutes and after that, I had to wait for my results. In a way I knew I didn't have much contact with people since my holidays started but, you never know. So yeah, I was nevous (again).

After 15 minutes aprox, I got my results! It was negative! 

The doctors did explain that this results showed that I have probably not been infected with the virus. And I say probably because it doesn't show if you had it before. And this result could change from one day to another if I had contact with other people a couple of weeks before taking the test (around 15 days) and also if I were to meet people the days after it. 

Of course they also told me I should continue taking care, wearing my mask and quarantining as much as possible. As well as paying attention in case I present any symptom.

My school covered more than half of the price for this test and as far as I know I'll have to take it every now and then just to make sure everything is alright. Especially since I do have to go out for work.

I know this is a bit of a different post but some of you were actually interested in reading about my experience. I don't think I covered muc because they mentioned other things that I don't remember and i'm no expert but, this is a bit of what happened. You can take this and other tests in different laboratories and I guess the prices vary depending on where you go.


Stay safe everyone! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com