Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Apr 12, 2023

Kook Soon Dang Banana Makgeolli 🍌


Even tho I love kdrama, I'm not that familiar with korean food and drinks other than snacks and soju but, I've alway been curious about makgeolli. Not long ago I went to a small Asian Market (mostly focused on Korean food) that also happened to have a Korean restaurant and I finally got the chance to try makgeolli. 
Makgeolli is another type of rice wine, it contains 80% water and 4–8% alcohol, it's unfiltered and has high levels of lactobacillus bacteria, which makes it a nutricious drink. 


This sparkling wine has a slight milky color and a chalky texture to it. To me it's like a mix of Yakult or calpis and alcohol, hehe.  


I knew there was a natural makgeolli but we found that they also have flavored makgeolli too. The ones I saw were banana, peach and grape. 
I only tried peach and babana, they were both fresh, slightly sweet and really easy to drink. 

Surpisingly, my favorite out of those 2 was banana. I don't like babanas but I love the artificial banana flavor and that is how this one tastes like. Like an alcohol version of the korean banana milk with less sugar and a little bitter. I still wanna try the natural and grape ones too.

The price difference between the can and the bottle wasn't much so, I decided to get the bottle.


The bottle comes with 750ml and, in my opinion, it wasn't expensive at all. It comes in a platic bottle with a very simple yet nice presentation. Nothing too fancy. This one has 4% alcohol, like I said, it's very easy to drink. 
You're supposed to drink it cold, I don't think it'd taste that great at room temperature tho and you gotta shake it a little before drinking because it has chalky sediments. 


I feel like this drink might not be for everyone but it's definitely an experience, too many textures and flavors in one (if that makes any sense). I really, liked it and I'd say you should try it at least once if you have the chance. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com