Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

May 5, 2017

What I've been watching lately #7 Movie Edition 🎬


Hello there!

I've been meaning to post this one for a long time now and for whatever reason I forgot. I don't think there are new shows to add tho, only movies this time.
I am someone who loves movies and even tho I love horror, I enjoy a bit of everything so, let's take a look!

Studio Ghibli: Only Yesterday & Ocean Waves:
Only Yesterday is an animated drama about a 27 year old, single woman who decides to make a trip to the country to visit her family. During the trip she starts rememebring part of her life growing up and how those events had an impact in her life. She also finds out that her true happiness is in the country and decides to leave her life back on Tokyo to stay there. I really, really liked this movie. I'm sure that even tho it is an animated movie, more than one can relate at least a little with Taeko.

Ocean Waves is about two best friends and how their relationship changes once a new girl arrives to their school. (I found this girl really annoying tbh) I liked the movie, but I wouldn't say I loved it tho. The end has a little twist. Or at least, it wasn't what I was expecting.

Movie trailers:


Detective Conan Movie 4: Captured in her eyes.
I really want to get caught up with this show and that includes the movies too. My friend Tomi told me there is a new DC movie every year and I've seen some but not in order so, I started watching the ones I missed.
This one starts with a mystery around some police officers being killed, and Ran is a witness of one of those attempts which causes her a memory loss from the shock. Since she saw the murder's face, she's being chased by him to stop her from talking. It's all about protecting Ran and solving the mystery.  In the end Conan helps Ran to remember everything, saves her and also confesses his love for her. So cute.


Horror/Suspense/Drama: Alice, Boy from wonderland, Hush, Room, Split:
Alice: Boy from Wonderland is a Korean horror/fantasy/romance movie about this girl who has some weird nightmares. She goes to this place (wonderland) to try to find out the reason behing this nightmares. I mainly wanted to watch this movie because of Jung So Min but I ended up liking it. It is really weird tho. My friends and I were like..."what is going on here?!" I think we all found it hard to understand so if you guys watch it, don't forget to let me know your thoughts.

Hush is an American horror movie. Maddie is deaf author who is living in a house in the forest. One night a killer decides to make her become his next victim when he realises she is deaf and lives alone.  I gotta say I thought this movie was going to be super bloody but, it is not. It is really good and intense tho. What I liked about it is that the action starts really fast and it keeps you engaged til the end. And that mask tho, so creepy.

Room (this movie almost made me cry~) is a bout a woman who has been captive for 7 years and has a 5 year old son. Once they find the way to escape, the boy will expierence life outside the "room" for the first time. Such a great, great movie.

Split talks about a man diagnosed with 23 different personalitieswho kidnaps 3 girls. I always find this type of movies that talk about mental disorders, super interesting. The last part wasn't all that great to me tho cuz it was a little too unreal to me but other than that, interesting movie!

Movie trailers:




And last by not least...
Power Rangers Movie was one of the movies I was really looking forward to watch this year. It brought back so many childhood memories. I loved the characters, suits, music...everything! If you were a PR first generation fan, this movie is deffo worth watching. It made me so happy to see Amy Jo and Jason David Frank in there too!


That is it! Since you all know I am so not good with synopsis and stuff, I'm linking the movie trailers for you to watch.
I'll see you next time! x

Want more shows and movies suggestions? Here are some links to my previous posts:
What I've been watching lately #6
What I've been watching lately #5
What I've been watching lately #4
What I've been watching lately #3
What I've been watching lately #2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com