Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jul 11, 2018

MINISO Makeup haul || 5 Products tested + Review ||



Hello dollies!
I've shared a bit of my obsession with MINISO by now and of course I was really looking forward to try their skincare & makeup products. First, I got to try some of their facemasks but it took me a while to go for the makeup~ (you know, so many things to choose from).

I took my time to put this post together because I usually like to try products for at least a couple of weeks before having an opinion on wether I like them or not. With that being said, let's start.

Ok, first of all, I have to say that the prices of the products are very cheap and they have some fun and cute stuff. I also noticed they have different lines or collections and prices can change depending on the line.

I'm going to start with the oldest item, this was one of the first things I got there and it's the Water Based Peel Off Nail Polish. The one I got is in number 05 "Blue Gray"




I got curious when I saw they were peel off and claimed to change according to your mood so, I had to try it.
The color is beautiful and the presentation is nice and clean. I love the little rose gold touch.
It does have a flowerish scent to it that doesn't drive me crazy. It dries really fast and you only need 2 coats to get the color.
Because it is peel off, durability isn't that great. It lasts for about one day or two. (you can't expect much anyway). Cool thing is, once it's starts peeling, you just peel off the whole thing (it's satisfying!) and can always paint your nail again without having to ruin the others.
It reminded me of some Minnie Mouse red nail polishes I used to have when I was a little girl cuz they used to peel off easily.
Did I like it? Yes, they are fun to play with and useful IF you want a one day nail color. Also, I really loved the color.
Would I buy more? Nope. I don't have time to worry about my nails randomly peeling off.
And btw... the color never changed even if my mood did! 

Moving on to the face, I got 3 products. One is the Beauty Stick in number 02 "Concealing" which is...well, a concealer.


Features: "Lightweight texture, mosturizing and non-irritating formula. Perfectly conceal flaws and impurities on skin. Small size, easy to carry around. For a flawless and natural look."
As it says, it is very lightweight. It comes with a rotating end to get the product to it's easy to work with, the applicator is very soft and I was surprised to see it's actually good.



I'd say it's medium coverage but since the formula is very light, you can build it up applying more than one layer without feeling or looking cakey.

Ignore my funny face xD

One thing I noticed is that they only have one color so it doesn't match every skintone. I was lucky because it matches mine. I believe the other two beauty sticks are highlighter and bronzer (which I don't really use)
Did I like it? Yes! It's a good product for a very decent price, I've tried other concealers that are more expensive but feel to thick on the skin. It's great to cover dark circles and red spots.
Would I buy it again? Defo!
Miniso, we need a larger variety of colors, please!

Next is the Mini Poni Shell Makeup Base. This one os from the Mini Poni (looks more like a unicorn to me tho) line. They had like 3 shell makeup bases, which are the ones with a pearl finish: 01 white, 02 pink and 03 beige; and 3 matte ones. (can't remember the names tho)
The one I got is in number 02 "Pink"




Features: "Formula with brightening ingredients. Give your skin a luminous glow as bright as a pearl. Leaves skin radiant, revitalized and refreshed."
It has a very light and watery formula thant instantly gives your skin a very natural glow. I don't really use highlighters so this product is perfect to add that extra something to my skin and it minimizes pores.
The color is slightly pink but it blends with your skin tone as it dries. It also has a very subtle scent.
I've been loving how healthy my skin looks when I use it, I just wouldn't recommend it if you have oily skin. You can also use it as a base for a matte foundation if you don't want a very "glowy" skin.
And, it is really pretty to look at.



Do I like it? A lot! I love the way it makes my skin look bright and healthy. You know, that Asian dewy skin kind of look.
Would I buy it again? I'm actually tempted to try the other two colors.

The last face product we have is the Shiyokubutsu Beauty Skin Makeup Base.


Features:"Plans essence is condensed in the fine cream, soft and comfortable. The product can serve as a makeup foundation and block and can beautify your skin at he same time. It can cover flaws on your face only with a thin layer, make your skin whiter, adjust uneven skin, brighten your complexion, block pollutants from outside and modify your makeup in general. It is soft and longlasting. Helps you get a perfect makeup." (Wow, that was long).
Ok, the first thing I liked about this product was the packaging, it is really beautiful.
This product's formula is a lot thicker than the Mini Poni one and it takes longer to set on the skin. It has no color and a slight floral scent to it.
To be honest, I feel like this product did nothing to my makeup or skin. At first it gives a slight glow to the skin but once it dries, it's all gone. It didn't help my makeup to last longer or look any better. No brightening effect, you can still see flaws and pores.



Did I like it? I really tried to use it for a long time to see something good about it but... it's as if I was applying some cream before my makeup. Can't say I liked it.
Would I buy it again? Nope. It does nothing to the skin or makeup.

Moving on to the eyes (and the last product), I got this Three Color Eyeshadow in "Brown".
I honestly don't know if they have other colors too cuz I only found these but I have to say they were veeeery cheap, the pigmentation is good and the colors are really nice to create natural looks as well as smokey ones. The three shades are metallics, we have a sand-ish color, a bronze and a dark brown one. Even tho the packaging is really simple, it comes with a mirror, which I appreciate. Haven't used the applicator cuz I'm just very used to my brushes~




Did I like it? Yes!! Beautiful colors, good pigmentation for a great price!
Would I buy it again? If they come with more shades, yeah!

That's it for this makeup haul/review post. I gotta say I've liked most of the things I got but, you can also find products that are not that great. I still want to try more of their products so, let me know if there's one in particular you'd like me to try.
I also got some lipsticks but, I'll talk about them in a separate post. Hope you enjoy this post and, until next time!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the thorough review, now I know what I need to get next time I visit the store

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I had fun trying the products. Let's go buy more makeup together! I kinda feel you'll like the Mini Poni Shell Makeup Base.

      Delete

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com