Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Dec 20, 2022

What I've been watching lately 2022 #3


With the Winter holidays coming, I thought it'd be the right time to share some of the shows I've watched in these past months. They are not Christmas related tho. I'm not really into those~

I have a long list so, I only chose he ones I liked the most. Maybe I'll make a part 2 later. This one will be mostly focused on anime and kdrama. Mom and I have been binge watching kdrama lately.

Let's do this!

ANIME

The Case Study of Vanitas


The story is set in the 19th century Paris, it's a bit of a vampire story with action, drama, mystery and magic. 

Noé Archiviste, a vampire, meets Vanitas, a human who claims to be a doctor for vampires, curing them of the curse of the Blue Moon vampire that causes them to act predatory against their will. To cure them he uses the Book of Vanitas, a book connected to the original Blue Moon Vampire, hated by the Red Moon Vampires who make up traditional vampire society. Noé and Vanitas join forces to cure vampires, but they are threatened by a force called Charlatan who seems to be responsible for corrupting sick vampires.

This anime is not something i'd normally watch, my bestie recommended it and I really enjoyed it. Noé and vanitas meet other characters along the way and we can see some of their background stories. The animation and design are beautiful, which is defo a plus. It has 24 episodes.

☆ Full Metal Panic 1st Section: Boy meets girl


Those who know me know how much I love this anime. It is defo on my top 5 list and I truly think it doesn't get as much attention and love as it should. I recently found out about this Boy meets girl movie and I just had to watch it. It is basically a recap of the first Full Metal Panic season where we meet Sagara Sosuke, a teen military who is sent to a high school to protect Chidori Kaname, a regular high school girl with a hot temper because apparently she's a target for being a "whispered". They have lots of adventures together and end up liking each other and becoming, somewhat, friends.

Full Metal Panic is an action, military anime with a hint of comedy. It has 5 seasons so far and apparently there will be 2 more movies like this. This one is from 2017. And I think it's a good way to see if you'd be interested in watching the whole show. I defo recommend it. 

☆ Bleach Thousand-Year Blood War


Many Bleach fans were super excited about this new arc. It aired back in October and it's still ongoing so, I'm not gonna spoil anything. Something I can say tho, is that this arc is a lot darker and has less funny scenes. But you can see how strong the bond between the main characters is now and how much they've grown. I'm also rewatching the original series, just to remember everything. 

☆ Rilakkuma's Theme Park Adventure


I'm not sure if this can be considered anime but, I'll include it here anyway. To me, it's like the second season of the Rilakkuma and Kaoru Netflix series that was just beautiful. This time their adventures are in an Amusement park. We see the OG characters and new ones they meet along the way. It is nice and fun but honestly, I liked the first season a lot more. It only has 8 episodes.

KDRAMA

☆ Little Women


This drama tells the story of three poor sisters (a reporter, an accountant and an arts student) who somehow get involved with a very rich family and get into sooooo much trouble for 70 billion won. There are also many mysteries around blue orchids... Idk. This drama is so weird yet so good. It's something I wouldn't pick by myself but, it caught my attention as soon as we started watching and binge watched until the end. You can find it on Netflix and only has 12 episodes.

☆ My liberation Notes


This kdrama is about 3 siblings who live in a small town and a mysterious (and hot) man. They are trying to find a way to changee their lives. I got to say that, even tho, I did like this drama, the story is sooooo slow. The first episodes feel all the same. It has 16 episodes but, in my opinion, they should come up with a second season cuz, their stories felt incomplete. I need more answers!

☆ Hi bye, Mama!


Hi Bye, mama! is a kdrama about a ghost woman who died by an accident and left a new born and a husband. She spent 5 years following them as a ghost. One day she gets a second chance in life and becomes human again. She has 49 days to return to her previous life if she wants to stay but, her husband is already remarried and she realises that things are not as easy as she thought.
This is a beautiful and fun drama but it was so difficult for me to watch. I cried a lot. We not only see the main character's story, we also see people around her struggling and the stories behind some ghosts and their families. It is 16 episodes long.

OTHERS

☆ Mom, don't do that!


Even tho it is not kdrama, it's still a drama, that's why I included it here. It is acomedy/drama from Taiwan about a 60 year old widow who decides to find love again and her 2 daughters. It basically show their struggles in life and relationships. Even tho it is a comedy, it also has some serious and emotional things. It made me cry a lot. It is my first time watching a Taiwanese drama and i have to say, I really enjoyed it. It is only 11 episodes long and you can find it on Netflix. 

☆ Midnight Diner


A while ago, I shared something about Midnight Diner Tokyo Stories and how much I loved it. The show is about a japanese diner, his owner "The master" and his costumers. Each episode tells the story of one of his costumers and the dish the like to eat there. Plus they share how to make some of these dishes. 
The only difference I find with the Tokyo Stories is that we have many more episodes here, divided in 3 seasons. 

☆ Tune in for love


This korean movie is about 2 people who fall in love in the 90's but for some reason, they keep losing contact and the time to be together never seems to be the right one. It's a romantic drama that was not bad but, wasn't my fav. 

☆ James May: Our Man in Japan


Lastly we have this documentary that isn't a drama or anime but, it's still about Japan. It's basically James may traveling around Japan and trying different foods, going places and experiencing the Japanese culture. I love these type of shows, hehe.

It has 12 episodes and you can find it on Prime Video. There's a nother season in a different country but, I haven't seen that one.

And that's it for this post, I didn't realize how many shows I actually watched these months~ and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. Anyway, hope you find something you'd be interested in watching. if so, let me know!!

See you next time~! ♡

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com