Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Sep 19, 2024

💋 My Current Favorite Lippies💄

It's been a while since my last makeup related post. Thing is, even tho I still love makeup, I rarely buy new products anymore. I'm trying to stick to what I have rn and restock whenever I run out of something. That's why I've been going back to the lippies I already had (which are too many).

I realized that the ones I'm reaching out for the most are very, very similar so, I kinda wanted to share them in here cuz they are very neutral, nude-ish, my lips but better kinda shades that can work all year long, no matter the season. At least in my opinion, hehe.

Since they are 2 liquid and 2 creamy lippies, I decided to divide them and start with the liquid lippies.

🗢 Revlon Colorbust "Sunbaked" (044)

This one is a liquid lippie I bought a while ago. To me, it is mix of pink and brown with a hint of purple.

Packaging is pretty simple but I like the quilted effect on the lid. I like the applicator, it helps you control the amount of product you apply, it makes it clean and easy. 

It keeps the lips moisturized and improves the texture of the lips. The color is lighter than what it looks like once you apply it, it is kinda sheer too but it does give you a hint of a tint. I like it because it's very lightweight and it's not sticky. It doesn't have a special scent to it, which is good for those who aren't too happy with scents.

Something I noticed tho, is that this product (and the whole line) is discontinued, guess I won't be able to repurchase once I run out of it.

🗢 Revlon Ultra HD Vinyl Lip Polish "Birthday Suit" (925)

Yes, I still have a Wonder Woman edition but, you can find this shade in the normal version too. I love this one, loved it since the first time my friend bought it and it's been one of my favs ever since. 

Even tho it is similar to the Colorbust lippie, this one is slighty pinkier and has less of a brownish tone to it. Plus it's not as sheer and it's more pigmented.

The formula applies smoothly and doesn’t settle into lip lines. It's a little creamy and shiny, which makes my lips look fuller. I usually get many compliments when I'm wearing it.

It contains vitamin E and shea butter, and you can get an even color with just 1 swipe. It does have a scent to it tho,  to me it smells like vanilla and I really like it.

Now let's move on to the creamy lipsticks.


🗢 CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick "Sultry" (200)

I got this one a while ago, I've used it a lot, it's one of those lippies I think are perfect for every occasion. As you can see, the shade is very similar to the sunbaked one, I used to wear them together when I wanted a glossy look. It is also slightly brownish.

This lipstick is super pigmented and creamy. It applies smoothly on the lips and it doesn't set into the lip lines. You can build up the color if you want.

Durability wise, it's great. I like it because I don't have to worry about retouching it for a while. It does have a slight sweet scent to it. I can't really describe it but, I really don't mind.

🗢 Sephora #Lipstories "Oui!" (3)

Lastly, we have this beautiful baby. I haven't talked about presentation much cuz the others are pretty simple but this one is cute! All these lippies have a  packaging made of cardboard (I think) and depending on the shade, they have different designs inspired by stories on social media. This one has some hangers with pastel/pink dresses. Very girly!


The color is a warm-toned pink with a creamy finish. Again, kinda similar to the "birthday suit" one. I didn't choose them on purpose, hehe. It is lightweight, creamy and hydrating. I love it but, this one does set on the lip lines so, I always try to apply some lipbalm before.

Lol

And well, those are my 4 most used and current fav lippies. I just found it funny how similar they were. I know some people go for darker shades during Fall-Winter but I think I look way paler when I go for those colors. Idk. I do like to try something different every now and then tho.

I guess that is that for this post, it was fun taking the lippies pics and swatches! It has been a while! Anyway, I'll see you in the next one~! ðŸ’‹

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share my interests, stories and obsessions with you guys~! ♡

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com