Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

May 4, 2020

For the love of Sake~



I'm not really a wine person but, I would never turn down a cup of japanese sake. In fact, if I had to choose one favortie alcoholic drink, it'd be without a doubt, sake.

Before I continue I just want to tell you guys I'm just a happy drinker, not an expert and I'll just share my opinion along with some links for you to check if you wanna learn more. Lol.


I sometimes assume that everyone knows what sake is until I mention my love for it and get a lot of questions so, let's start with, What is sake? 

Sake, aka wine rice, is an alcoholic beverage made by fermented rice, produced by a brewing process. It's a japanese traditional beverage that's often served in a small porcelain jar and cup called "sakazuki" (which I don't have yet).
As far as I know there are different types of sake you can drink depending on the kind of food you eat. Some of them can be drunk warm, cold or at room temperature. I do have to say, I always like to drink my sake cold despite the kind of sake or, what I have it with.

Most people say and think sake is strong but, I find the taste very soft and in my opinion, it is really easy to drink.
I've tried different kinds of sake and even tho I like some more than others, I like them in general.

Here are some of the ones I've tried:

Nigorizake, which is also known as "Cream sake" because of its white color and slightly creamier texture. It was also a tiny little bit sweeter than others.


Junmai sake is the one I commonly drink, and it stands for "pure rice", which I believe is "pure sake" (maybe?) 



Ozeki Hana-awaka Sparkling Sake was one of the first ones I bought. I just loved how cute the bottle was. This one has a lower level of alcohol and a fruity taste. Since it's sparkling, it's slightly fizzy.


And my most recent is: Sho Chiku Bai sake, which I just tried this week. It is a little stronger than the others I've tried before and it's slightly sweet. I just loved it. 


There are others I've tried that I can't remember right now as well as cocktails made with sake that are just as good. I general, I love this drink in any shape or size.
Some people constantly ask me where do I buy my sake? and honestly, I get it from different places. Even some Supermarkets have it. Every store I visit, I always make sure to check if they have some in the wine section or in the asian food section.
And if you wanna try it before buying the whole bottle, most Japanese restaurants offer variety of sake and cocktails with it. It's always a good way to try it and see if you like it.


I found this site which I think has enough information and it's pleasant to look at, check it out if you want better information about sake. Sake 101

What's your favorite drink?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com