Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jul 7, 2017

Life Update May - Jun 2017: My birthday + more celebrations.



Hello lovelies!
It's time for a new life update. I feel like even tho these past two months have been really busy, they are flying by super fast. Another school year willbe over in just one more month.

My beloved Sony Cybershot died and after a month, I got its replacement. A Samsung ES73. I'm still getting used to this camera and its functions but it's been a good baby so far. I still miss the old one tho.

Like I mentioned in some of my vlogs, I feel like these months a lot of good opportunities and projects have been coming my way. Not everything is work related, some are chances to have that life change I've been wanting so much lately. Is it scary? Yes. A little but I know that if I don't push myself to take a risk and try something new, I'll be stuck where I'm at right now.

May and June are always months with a lot of celebrations (and they will continue). I spent mother's day away from mom this year so it was all about celebrating the mommies at work. 5 days after mother's day, we celebrated Teacher's Day. It is so heartwarming to see all the love my kids and their parents show. How thankful they are for the work we do with their children. I have to say I am as thankful for everything they do for us. But I do believe the best gift I can recieve as a teacher is to see my kids happy, growing and learning.

Something else to celebrate is...*drums please* I AM GONNA BE AN AUNTIE AGAIN!! My cousin Ale and hubby Eli are expecting their first baby! I already have an idea of the gender of the baby but I will reveal it when we are 100% sure. I can't wait to start shopping for niece/nephew #2 and I'd love to be involved on the Baby shower and all that fun stuff.

Open classes are never fun for me but I can honestly say I finally overcame my stress over it. I won't say they are my favorite thing ever but seeing how my kids enjoyed them so much, made it all worth it.
NOTE: If you don't know what "open classes" are (which I'm not sure if that's the actual name) they are "regular" classes but we invite the kid's parents to work with us for a whole hour (or more). Yeah, I know it may sound simple but the idea of having someone "checking" my everyday work used to be very stressful. I realized it shouldn't be that bad, I know I'm doing my work well.

Omg...I am a year older. But you know what? It's ok, age is just a number and it doesn't define you. I feel like some things are finally falling back into place in my life after 2 years that were not-so-good for me. so many good plans and things seemed to be coming my was right before my birthday. I wouldn't say I am a lot more mature now but I believe it's all about balance. Enjoying the things we like, our hobbies and stuff even if the look "childish" for some and, being responsible, having a job and doing something productive with your life. I'll always be a big child tho.
I'm planning to do a heart-to-heart about adulting (and how I suck at it) and how some people put pressure on us to be a certain way at a certain age. Would you like to read that? Let me know!
Once again,and even if it's a month late, thank you all for all the good wishes on my birthday, all the love and sweet messages. I had a fun day with the family and had early and late celebrations with friends. ♥
Did you know dad and I celebrate our birthdays the same month? 3 days after my b-day I took my dad out for dinner to celebrate. It was something small and simple since it was on week days and we both had to work the next day.

That same day, mom came over from Spain to visit. She also has some things to take care of over here. It's nice to have her close after 6 months of being away. We'llbe able to celebrate her birthday together. We kept it as a secret from grandpa. He was super surprised when he saw her.

And, since the end of the school year is a month away,we have a lot of things to do at work. So many things to prepare, so many things to finish. It's always sad to realize it'll be over soon but it is so satisfying at the same time.

Those are the highlights of these 2 months. I'll see you again in other 2!
bye for now~!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com