Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jul 19, 2021

Manga Reading: Love Hina

 Not long ago, I was walking through the Liverpool book section and I noticed they had a cool, new version of the Love Hina manga. It's been a long time since I saw something Love Hina related. That reminded me that I actually have the complete manga and... I actually read the 28 volumes!

I don't talk about Love Hina much anymore, but it's an anime I really like. Of course I watched the anime series and movies before actually reading the manga. As some of you may already know, I'm not the best reader but many years ago, a good friend of mine back then (who was my crush at that time) gave me the collection before leaving to study abroad so, of course I had to read it. 

This manga was published by VID Editorial, which I believe had many other manga. I also have a couple of Oh! My Goddess manga by the same editorial. I don't know if it exists anymore tho.

Love Hina is a 1998 harem, romantic comedy by Ken Akamatsu that covers some real life situations, love and relationships along with some fan service. The main character is Urashima Keitaro, who is a 20 year old who's trying to get into university but keeps failing at it. So he moves to his grandma's inn which happens to be a girls dorm now and he ends up being the manager of the place. It's here where he will meet his 5 roommates: Naru, Mitsune, Motoko, Kaolla and Shinobu. Who have very different personalities and interests.

Keitaro made a love promise when he was very young and longs for the day where he'll finally meet up with the girl he made that promise with.

We basically see how this characters interact, fall in love and hit Keitaro way too many times. Hehe.

Then again, my synopsis are never good.

The anime is pretty fun, I'm not the biggest fan of the movies but I still enjoyed them. The manga tho, I really, really liked it. I liked it enough to finish reading it. It gave me a longer story and many things I didn't get to see in the anime. Somehow it also made me change the way I felt about some of the characters, especially Keitaro. I also got to see how the characters grew and how they did beyond their school days. 



I found this manga really easy to read and enjoy, especially because the volumes were not super thick. I remember I used to carry one in my bag to read it whenever I had the chance. I don't know, I might read it again when I get the chance.

But yeah, if you haven't watched or read Love Hina, I recommend you to do it even if it's a bit old now. Sometimes I wish I wasn't too lazy to read cuz, I see why people love to read manga along with the anime they are watching. I just feel like I can't commit!!! Hehehe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com