Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Mar 29, 2022

😸 Cat sitting #1

Meet Sassy. She's been staying with us for almost a month now and, she'll be Masha's roomie for a couple more months.

Sassy's mom made a trip to Europe and I thought it would be a good idea to bring her home so Masha could have someone to play with. 

Sassy is 2 years old, she's very sweet, playful but also a little shy. She's super cute! In a month, she got used to being around me. She lets me pet her and even hold her.

In my mind, Masha felt lonely because she was used to be with Michee before we moved. She was used to be around other cats since she was a baby so I thought they would get along right away. Boy, was I wrong~ Guess she got used to be an only child way to fast. And Sassy was an only child too so, it's been a slow process for both of them.

We didn't have much time to sowly introduce them. They met once but didn't directly see each other (it was more like just sniffing each other) and the second time we shared some dirty litter so they could well... smell it too.

But even tho Sassy is a very quiet girl, she was super nervous and scared when she first arrived. She spent her first day hiding behing my washing machine and I felt so bad for her. The next day, I moved her to a room where she could have all her things and feel comfortable without having to be exposed to us when she didn't want to. Of course, I was always checking on her and Masha seemed to be very curious as soon as she noticed her.

I spend a lot of time out of the house because of work, so I always kept them separated when I was away and slowly started opening Sassy's room so they could see each other when I was around. When I started doing that, Masha spent a lot of time in Sassy's room but they never really played or interacted in any way, they just stared and hissed at each other every now and then. They also have small fights with growlings. 😓 That's why I try to give them alone time too, so they both can move around the apartment, eat and play without worrying about the other. It'd be nice if they could do everything together tho.

I wouldn't say they hate each other but, they are nor exactly friends... yet!

I can tell Sassy has made an effort to adapt to her new temporary home and I really want her to feel safe and comfortable.

I've read and heard it is a process that could take weeks or even months, maybe I'm not patient enough, hehe. I'm trying all the tips I see online and I'm open to listen (or read) if you have any, to make this process a better one. 

I think I'll be writing a monthly update to share their progress and see how their relationship improves with time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com